dust under the glass/filter

Discussion in 'Fuji X-Mount Cameras' started by onreb, Sep 12, 2013.

1. onreb

onreb FujiXspot Regular

Mar 12, 2013
    Bad assistance in Italy

Unfortunately, my new X-E1 has a dust particle inside the sensor/glass sandwich.
    It works this way here in Italy: brand new camera bought at the official shop, it has been sent to the repair center for evauation. They will decide if it has to be replaced or repaired. In any case, I have to wait 20-30 days. And then receive a new one or the repaired one.
    A little disappointed: my money was good from the first moment, I spent it to wait one month to have, possibly, a repaired camera.
    If they fix it, it will be as good as a good new one, no doubt. But as a matter of principle, this IS disappointing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. onreb

onreb FujiXspot Regular

Mar 12, 2013
    Are anyone aware of e-mail addresses where I could complain? They are quite hidden in the fuji site. This stuff made me so nervous I have to give some vent to it.

3. jloden

jloden FujiXspot Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Sorry to hear about your experience, that certainly would be upsetting. If the camera was brand new I think the local distributor should have exchanged it for you rather than expecting you to wait for repair turnaround.

As far as contacting Fuji, there is a "contact" button on the top right hand side of the site. I checked the Italian site for you and it goes to this page:

http://www.fujifilm.eu/it/contattaci/

It appears for Italy it falls under Fujifilm Europe which is based out of Germany. There's no email address but there is a phone number listed, may be worth a try.

• Like Like x 1
  4. onreb

onreb FujiXspot Regular

Mar 12, 2013
    Thank you.
    I managed to contact the italian repair center and the after sales service.
    One says the camera should (or could) have been exchanged, the other says the procedure is to send it to the repair center and wait for response (accelerated times just for me cause I am doing a mess contacting anyone...).

I have cross forwarded the messages, asking them to come to a unique resolution and to try to respect my (and other's) consumer rights...

I am sorry to have to admit that often, down here, you have to get upset and make "noise" to have your simpler rights complied.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Please keep us posted with what happens next. I can only imagine your frustration.

6. jloden

jloden FujiXspot Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Agreed, let us know how it turns out. I have to agree with the repair center, this should have been exchanged from the beginning... regardless, I hope you get it sorted out soon. Good luck!

7. onreb

onreb FujiXspot Regular

Mar 12, 2013
    Thank you for the simpathy. I am so upset by this unbelievable behaviour that I'm ready to send a fax to the Europe Fuji headquarters in Germany too. Of course I understand it's not fuji's fault, but their distributor's policy in Italy is apparently not doing any good to the brand.
    Unless this accident is only due to the shop owner's behaviour, I'll add later my findings. I can understand they can ask to verify a small defect, I wouldn't be so upset if they had asked to wait some days, even a week. But the shop's owner just told me the camera would have been sent to the assistance with a normal warranty repair request. Which means 4 weeks, usually. And he did so after having tried to clean the sensor and finally agreed it was a trapped dust spec.

I suspect it has been thoughtlessness on the seller's side. Or just plain ignorance. I can't think there isn't any way to send the camera to the repair center with a high priority in a case like this of a brand new one.

The italian after-sales service is not doing Fuji any good by saying to me this is the standard procedure. I know that different brands act in a much more friendly way. I give a ..it to the fact they accelerated the procedure for me, cause I complained loudly. This is not fair, nor it is smart. And if the shop verifies the camera needs intervention, why can't they have the possibility to exchange it directly. --- Ok, guy, I'll try to sell this defective camera to you, full price. Be quiet, I'm going to fix it for free. ---

Sorry, I feel a bit obsessed by this story, and in need of... venting. I'll try to take a break.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Hey, I don't blame you one bit. I'd be really upset as well. Hang in there. You're doing great things with your X20/10 in the meantime.... I was just over on your Flickr stream. :th_salute: