E-X2 vs X Pro 2, and Nikkor lens

Discussion in 'Fuji X-Mount Cameras' started by RenoFrank, Oct 23, 2013.

1. RenoFrank

RenoFrank New to FujiXspot

Sep 12, 2013
    Sierra Nevada
    I have a x100s and am very happy with it, but I want to add a Fuji camera to my arsenal that takes various Fuji lenses. So I am torn between the new E-X2 or waiting for the E-Pro2, hopefully being released in 2014.

Does anyone have opinions about this idea? What might the Pro-2 offer that the E-X2 doesn't already offer. How might it be different.

One last question, is it possible to use my Nikkor 18-200mm AF-S 3.5/5.6 DX lens on a E-X2?

Thanks,
    Frank

2. Armanius

Armanius FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    No news on the XPro2 yet. So who knows what Fuji will give us. FWIW, the only real differences between the XE1 and XPro1 were the hybrid VF on the XPro1 and the pop up flash on the XE1.

3. jloden

jloden FujiXspot Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    The hybrid OVF is likely to remain the biggest delineator, like it is between the X-E1 and X-Pro1.

I also think it's pretty likely the X-Pro2 will have a new sensor since it's the flagship and they have yet to produce a newer generation X-trans sensor (other than adding the phase detect pixels for the X-E2 and X100S, I mean).

4. drewbot

drewbot FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    Toronto
    Hopefully they update the Pro2 to have the X100s or better hybrid EVF.

As for the sensor, I am hypothesizing that they will base the X-Trans III? sensor on some current gen 24 MP APS-C.