Exclusive exhibition at a local concert venue

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by entropic remnants, Aug 24, 2013.

1. entropic remnants

entropic remnants Solving for X

Jul 28, 2013
    There's a local small concert and event hall in my town called "The Kennett Flash". This is their website: Kennett Flash - Live Music Entertainment in Historic Kennett Square, PA They contacted me to provide photos for the hall and balcony and we just closed the deal. So I will be providing four 24x18 inch shots, and three 36x24 inch shots all framed. All but one are urbex. I'm very excited as it will be the first time I have work hanging in my hometown in two different public spaces. I'll be the only artist hanging there.

As part of the deal, I get to attend any shows "All Access" and do some photography. I told the owner I was not particularly interested in doing concert photography and he told me, "I have lots of head shots of the talent. What I want is the ambience... something like a guitar laid down next to some picks and a beer bottle or something. You know?" -- I said, "You mean something more photo-journalistic?" and he said "Exactly!". Perfect for the Fuji and I'm going to give it a workout there, lol.

The venue opens for the season on Sept. 6 with the Melton Brothers and John Lilley (of "The Hooters" fame). I'll have some shots from the place after that. Biggest downside is the lighting during most of the time people will be there will be LOW. But there will be times with the lights up as well. The venue leases out as a meeting place during the day and they'll be seen easily then.

There is no significant money involved and I still own the artwork -- but as another artist said to me, "Early in your career the point isn't to sell -- it's to be SEEN. Selling comes later."

As old as I am, it is early in my "career" as an artist, lol. It will be nice to be seen some more.

Here's what I'm hanging and many have been recropped and/or edited from these versions but mainly the crop, first the 24x18 shots:

9518405939_e6f3a714ae.
    Eternal Timeout by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

9521192542_7891a471c5.
    Move Down Towards the Light by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

8694460436_d1e62afd7e.
    The Doctor Will See You Now by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

8689394569_ca6baff9de.
    Come and Play with Us! Forever, and ever, and ever... by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

These are the 36x24" shots

8690515964_6e5176df3b.
    All Must Die Alone... by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

8503232979_0e1466c28c.
    Throwing Klotz: Outside, the World Moved On by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

8026674540_bdd1219f3a.
    Remote Weather Station by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

2. bilzmale

bilzmale FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 3, 2013
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill
    Congratulations John - I liked these when you shared them here - glad they are getting the wider audience they deserve.

3. NigelL

NigelL FujiXspot Regular

May 16, 2013
    Nice one, John - that's a great series of images for display, I hope the exposure works for you :)

Nigel

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Ronin-13 Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    Wow, congrats!

5. Isoterica

Isoterica FujiXspot Regular

Feb 10, 2013
    You have to photograph your photographs on the walls of the Kennett Flash, John, and share :D Would love to see their presentation of your work.

6. entropic remnants

Jul 28, 2013
    I shall do so, Kristen, and thanks! I'm such a show-off it's likely I would anyway, lol.

7. Gary

Gary FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    SoCal
    Gary
    I've always have admired your work from afar,
    But now it is time for you to pack up the car,
    And bring your stuff to the Shining Sea, the coast that is west,
    So I can enjoy firsthand what has been seen by the rest.

8. entropic remnants

Jul 28, 2013
    Well, I've hung my little exhibition at the concert space. It needs some more lights here and there but that's coming. I have a couple more yet to hang. These photos of the venue were taken with my X100.

I'm jazzed about it. The crowd that shows up here is widely varying and it's a great chance to introduce my work to people if not the ideal lighting, lol.

The bunny photo "Eternal Timeout" the owner had me hang directly opposite the stage because he believes the musical artists will notice it and comment on it. Cool!

9626933364_72b9c63eae_b.
    The Kennett Flash: New Exhibition by Entropic Remnants, on Flickr

9623698825_3bb5fb6e8e_b.

9623698721_380e918cb1_b.

9623698585_b7d991bf73_b.

9. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    Nice! Congrats!

10. Gary

Gary FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    SoCal
    Gary
    :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :thumbup:
    A salute to you of twenty-one thumbs,
    If I was there, I'd also bring drums.

=G=

11. pniev

pniev FujiXspot Veteran

May 13, 2013
    no words for it. so: :hail: