FDs on Fuji

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Hyubie, May 30, 2013.

1. Hyubie

Hyubie FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    Weymouth, MA
    Hello -

I am waiting for the FD to Fuji mount adapaters I ordered, but I noticed there are very few online samples of FD lenses mounted on a Fuji. I've been happy with the FDs on my Pen, but I am very curious as to how those lenses will perform on the Fuji sensor. I expect very good results (and can't wait to try it!) - but anyone else using this combo? I have the 50/1.4 and the 35/2.5 (I think).

Post some pics!! Or, better yet, start a new sample thread. :)

2. carlb

carlb FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 6, 2013
    twin cities, minnesota
    Carl
  3. Hyubie

Hyubie FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    Weymouth, MA
    Very nice. I assume the softness is deliberate? I'm only asking because I've shot f/1.4 with this lens, and the focus area, while very small, was still sharp.

4. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    While the allure of fast legacy glass is having the ability to shoot it wide open, I've found that generally I'm much more pleased with the results I'm getting stopped down a stop. I'm simply not crazy about how glowy some of these lenses render at full aperture. Even my SuperTak 50mm f1.4, which is the best of the bunch is still a bit glowy unless stopped down to f2.

5. Hyubie

Hyubie FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    Weymouth, MA
    Oh definitely. One of my most favorite shots ever with the Canon 50 f/1.4 is @ f4. Gorgeous colors, clean lines. And that was with an E-PL1. I'll try f/1.4 from time to time, but usually the lowest I go is f2.

6. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    I do wish many of the legacy lenses had partial stops in between f1.4 and f2 as the extra light gathering capability of say 1/2 stop would be nice sometimes (although maybe that wouldn't be enough to sharpen the lens up), but I'm usually content to shoot at f2