Finally entering Fuji camp with X100

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by bhupinder2002, Mar 30, 2013.

1. bhupinder2002

bhupinder2002 FujiXspot Regular

Mar 30, 2013
    Hi Guys :D
    My name is Bhupinder and I am from Melbourne AUSTRALIA. I started my journey with simple film cameras long time ago as a teenager and then there was a bit gap. I picked up digital P&S in 2001 and then moved to Canon Superzooms and finally to Canon 350D and then essentially shot with Canon 5D for a brief period , kept on shuffling between few camera bodies including Canon 60D and 550D . Then I picked up EPL1 with Panny 20mm 1.7 and essentially dumped my call Canon gear and decided to go mirrorless for sheer pleasure and portability of the system. Now I own OMD with Panny 20mm , Oly 45mm 1.8, Oly 12mm and Oly 4/3 14-54mmII. I was always lured by Fuji colors and built quality but never agreed that Fuji X100 was worth USD 11-1200 and lilmited edition worth USD 1699. But things changed and I managed to get a used Fuji X back limited edition under a USD1000 dollars. I love this camera. Its not that slow at all . I love the feel and look and the iamges it produces. I hope to learn and share from many Fuji users here and AMin has done a wonderful job . I am also at mu-43.com with the same name and I am sure I will come across many 'DOUBLE AGENTS ' here who spy for both sites ...hahahh
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    Hi and welcome Bhupinder, fellow Melburnian here.

3. Iansky

Iansky FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Hi Bhupinder,

I am one of the double agents from Mu43.

Great price on the limited edition and I am sure you will love the camera, I have had my X100 for 15 months and still get excited every time I use it so I am sure you will feel the same.

I do tend to alternate between my GX1+25 / X100 and use both for street / landscape / people shots depending on the mood - I have not yet got into carrying both at the same time as I try and decide whether I want a true tactile camera with dials & aperture ring or a small fast camera with a stunning lens but add on viewfinder.

I look forward to seeing your images with the X100 and know they will be the same high quality as those you produce with your Mu43.

Good shooting & enjoy!

4. WT21

WT21 FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    Bhupinder? Never heard of you??? Welcome anyway ;)

I am also shopping for an X100, but haven't found one yet in my price range and in the "safe" area from SAB, but hope to have one soon!

As with Iansky, I can't imagine, though, selling my PL25 and m43 body. We shall see!

5. capodave

capodave FujiXspot Veteran

Jan 31, 2013
    Mission Viejo CA
    Dave Kavlich
    Welcome Bhupinder.
    Nice to see you again.
    I also started off with a preowned X100.

6. carlb

carlb FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 6, 2013
    twin cities, minnesota
    Carl
    Hey Bhupinder, welcome over here and look forward to your shots!

7. pniev

pniev Guest

Welcome to the forum! Nice to virtually meet you.
    Have fun. I a looking forward to seeing your photos and interacting with you.
    Peter

8. bhupinder2002

Mar 30, 2013
    Thanks a lot Peter . I hope to learn Fujastic tricks for using X100 . It would be nice to know orher fellow photograpgers and technographers :p
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

9. cherrywood

cherrywood FujiXspot Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    Ohio
    Yes, Welcome Bhupinder, Hope you enjoy the x100 and looking forward to seeing your images from it.
    Dennis

10. spinyman

spinyman FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Valley Center,CA.
    Hey Bhupinder,
    Your humor will be welcome here!But no 45mm lens to champion! Haha!

11. bhupinder2002

Mar 30, 2013
    Hi Dennis
    Thank you so much. I have already uploaded an Album but have to clue how to start an image thread.
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

12. bhupinder2002

Mar 30, 2013
    Hi FGC :D
    Thank you so much. I hope to catch u in the city at some stage .
    Cheers

13. chrisnmn

chrisnmn FujiXspot Rookie

Mar 28, 2013
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Chris Leskovsek
    Hey Bhupinder i just recently registered myself here as well. See ya around! Btw u never added me onto whatsapp!

14. crsnydertx

crsnydertx FujiXspot Regular Subscribing Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    +1! Bhupinder keeps thing lively!! :2thumbs:

15. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Double agents, triple agents...all are welcome and that means you Bhupinder! Looking forward to more photos from you and that "new Fuji guy".:biggrin_old:

16. bhupinder2002

Mar 30, 2013
    Hi Chris :)
    I did send you texts but I assume u didn't get them .Please text me and I will see if I get it
    Cheers

17. xdayv

xdayv FujiXspot Regular

Apr 9, 2013
    Philippines
    Dave
    What am I doing here Bhupi? :confused:

18. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. FujiXspot Veteran

Jan 31, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    I know you from someplace!

19. xdayv

xdayv FujiXspot Regular

Apr 9, 2013
    Philippines
    Dave
    Sorry. Am I lost? or I found?

20. bhupinder2002

Mar 30, 2013

Hi Dave
    You are just following me . Thats what fans do mate . :clapping::clapping::clapping:;););)
    Cheers
    Bhupinder