Firmware download problems

Discussion in 'Fuji X-Mount Cameras' started by lhuhn, Mar 11, 2014.

1. lhuhn

lhuhn FujiXspot Rookie

Aug 9, 2013
    I have been trying to download the firmware update for the X Pro1 without any luck. I was able to download and install the 35mm lens firmware but when I click on "download" for the firmware for the camera it just opens a document and nothing downloads.

2. romi.gilles

romi.gilles FujiXspot Top Veteran

May 17, 2013
    back in Crooklyn
    link to page...

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

3. bilzmale

bilzmale FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 3, 2013
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill
    From memory you have to tick the box accepting Terms & Conditions first.

4. entropic remnants

entropic remnants Solving for X

Jul 28, 2013
    I would agree that you need to read the page more carefully and see if there is additional information. If that fails, try another browser.

I have been able to download the software with IE, Firefox, and Chrome. Safari and Chrome are cousins so Safari should be fine also.

Are you sure it's not downloading to a folder and you just aren't noticing? Open your downloads folder (wherever that is for you) and see what's there.

Hope you get it figured out. Not sure what's up as it's always just worked for me.

5. romi.gilles

May 17, 2013
    back in Crooklyn
    if you are indeed on the correct page, clear your cache, and restart your browser.

6. lhuhn

lhuhn FujiXspot Rookie

Aug 9, 2013
    I tried all of the suggestions without luck. I cleared the Safari cache, I tried Firefox and I ran a search in my files, nothing. Oddly, I was able to download the lens update without a problem.

7. romi.gilles

May 17, 2013
    back in Crooklyn
    can you provide a link to the page you're trying to download from?

8. lhuhn

lhuhn FujiXspot Rookie

Aug 9, 2013
    I think it is something that I accidentally changed in my Mac settings. I use to get a little green indicator of download progress in the top right of the tool bar. That indicator is now missing. I tried downloading a different Fuji Lens firmware and that didn't work either.

9. romi.gilles

May 17, 2013
    back in Crooklyn
  10. lhuhn

lhuhn FujiXspot Rookie

Aug 9, 2013
    It looks like the direct link worked! Thanks so much.

11. romi.gilles

May 17, 2013
    back in Crooklyn
    np. :thumbup:

12. lhuhn

lhuhn FujiXspot Rookie

Aug 9, 2013
    I was able to update the camera but I would like to know how to fix the download problem for future updates. Anyone have any ideas? I am using a MacBook Pro and running OSX 10.9.2 and using Safari. I wasn't having this problem before. Like I said earlier, I did another update just fine.

13. Greyelm

Greyelm FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    S.London, England
    Malcolm
    I use a Mac Pro and have had no problems with downloading via Firefox.
    If a file doesn't start downloading you can always right click on the file name and 'save link as'
    As often stated, before downloading a new firmware always delete (or move to a separate folder) the old firmware file in your download folder. If the old file is still in the download folder then the new file will be renamed by the operating system and won't be recognised by the camera.
    Always copy the new firmware onto a newly formatted, empty SD card.

I always keep a copy of previous firmware files in case I need to (but never have) roll back to a previous version.

Despite a few initial problems for some with Fuji firmware updating we should count ourselves lucky as I understand that other manufacturers procedures (such Olympus) can be a nightmare

14. lhuhn

lhuhn FujiXspot Rookie

Aug 9, 2013
    Thanks everyone. This has been very helpful.