Firmware

Discussion in 'Coffee with Rico Pfirstinger, Fuji X-Pert' started by zedigital, Apr 17, 2013.

1. zedigital

zedigital New to FujiXspot

Apr 16, 2013
    Brazil
    Hi Rico! Do you know anything about the firmware that is coming? The improvements would be only in autofocus or more good things would come around? Thanks. Luis

2. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    I can't speak for Rico, but I would guess that the focus of the firmware would primarily be just to accommodate the new zoom lens (and perhaps the forthcoming pancake). As such I don't know that I would expect too much in the area of improvements with existing lenses.

3. jloden

jloden FujiXspot Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    I'm curious too... after shooting with my X100S and X-E1 again some more I'm really feeling the lack of a minimum shutter speed setting on the X-E1 and the lack of exposure compensation with Auto-ISO on either camera. Is there any indication/feeling whether a fix for one or both of those might be forthcoming?

Having minimum shutter speed is at least a decent workaround for preventing blur shooting indoor people photos with the X100S, but with the X-E1 it's a real problem for me. I can of course choose an ISO in M mode but that doesn't adjust with changing light and often means I'll end up at a higher ISO than necessary, too (especially since you can only select ISO in full stop increments).

4. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    I expect a major update this summer.