First Ever Cincy Comicon

Discussion in 'Portrait' started by Mikey, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Mikey

Mikey FujiXspot Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Louisville, KY
    It wasn't a huge turnover for the cosplaying crowd at the inaugural Cincy Comicon but there were a few standouts. Well, hopefully next year will be better.

Iron Patriot

[​IMG]

Harley Quinn

[​IMG]

Link
    [​IMG]

Female Thor (sorry about the photo bombers in the background... I couldn't quite ask her to walk over and pose against a wall )
    [​IMG]

Unidentified Ghostbuster
    [​IMG]

I would've been able to photograph 2 or 3 more in outstanding costumes had my usual shooting buddy (i.e. my wifey) been with me. Couldn't sum up the courage to ask a couple of other ladies (batgirl, rogue, a sexy nymph) whose boyfriends were with them (who btw were either not in costume or were wearing sucky ones).

2. jloden

jloden FujiXspot Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    That's a heck of a Ghostbusters setup! Pretty excellent Harley Quinn too :)

I'm not into comic cons (though in fairness, I've never been to one) but I did love my share of comics growing up, I bet it'd be fun to pop into one of these sometime.

3. Peter Chin

Peter Chin FujiXspot Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    Mikey, when the crowds come just remember what you wished for :)

4. Gary

Gary FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    SoCal
    Gary
    +1

_DSF4783-L.
    At the San Diego Comic Con we were packed like a Sardine,
    Fortunately, the crowd I was with had good hygiene.

Gary

5. Mikey

Mikey FujiXspot Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Louisville, KY
    Jay: I've never been to a comicon before either though it looks like it's a fun place to photograph others. :p There was a costume contest and Iron Patriot won with Harley as the runner-up. When I first met the Ghostbuster, I thought he was an employee or volunteer guarding the Ecto-1. Turns out he was just another cosplayer. Hehe..

Peter: I was wishing for more cosplayer a ad not necessarily a larger crowd. :p

Gary: Congrats btw on your new grandkid! Haven't had the chance to congratulate you on the other forum.

6. Gary

Gary FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    SoCal
    Gary
    Thank you Mikey ... I am submitting to you a requisition,
    Do you know of a very good Pediatrician?

(joking)

7. Mikey

Mikey FujiXspot Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Louisville, KY
    Gary, you wouldn't want me or any of my colleagues treating your grandchild. Hopefully, your grandkid leads a very healthy life and would never have to be seen by the likes of me. (Not joking) :)