Flickr - the new updates?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by BBW, May 23, 2013.

1. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    I just found out that Flickr has made some rather big changes to their site. I'm not sure when this was done but my initial impressions are that I don't care for it, however I'm going to try to get to know it... I've found that on my own photostream if I hit Edit from along the top, I can then see my photos fairly small with a white background.

If one clicks on a photo and wants to see it without the white, the only way I've discovered to do so is to go down to the icons beneath and choose the 3 dots which gives one a menu...and from there choose "View all sizes". The same thing appears to hold true when one is looking at one's contacts' photos. This is the main thing I don't like because often I find having a white border around a particular photograph allows me to see and appreciate it more fully...especially if it has a dark background itself.

What about you all - have you discovered some ways to make the Flickr site work for you? Do you like it better, worse or are you being patient and reserving judgement?

2. pniev

pniev FujiXspot Veteran

May 13, 2013
    Two souls. One thought. I was just struggling with the site, especially w.r.t. deciding which borders to use. The grid has a white background. When you click on the photo you get a black background and when you select "view all sizes" you get a white background again. Using a dark(er) border around a photo does not look good when viewing the grid and does not add anything when viewing the photo with a black background. I can live with either white or black background but the current setup is confusing. However, I will give it a try without borders added around photos.

All in all, I am still not sure how I should use Flickr.Wouldn't it be nice to have a dedicated forum photo site?