Flyers and flowers

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Iansky, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Iansky

Iansky FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Lovely weather so time to take a walk around the meadow and grab some images of the butterflies in the meadow and the flowers they go to as well as a few images of other flowers in the area.
    I used the Fuji XT2 with the 50-140 and the results speak for themselves - a good, small, light and easy to carry combination.

DSCF3350-FrameShop.

DSCF3352-FrameShop.

DSCF3362-FrameShop.

DSCF3370-FrameShop.

DSCF3371-FrameShop.

DSCF3376-FrameShop.

DSCF3391-FrameShop.

DSCF3398-FrameShop.

DSCF3404-FrameShop.

DSCF3414-FrameShop.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Mike G

Mike G FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 7, 2016
    London
    Mike Gorman
    Very nice Ian, I especially like Nos 1 & 3

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Thanks Mike, it was a perfect day for these type of photos - the yellow tip butterfly was a challenge to photograph and in the end I had to literally lie in wait on the ground and pre-focus on the flower waiting for the butterfly to land, they are are so quick and spend so little time on each flower that catching them is a challenge - still, a good photo opportunity and the weather was nice enough to make it a pleasant couple of hours.

4. Britanica

Britanica FujiXspot Veteran

Sep 22, 2016
    Britanica
    Would never thing butterflies are that fuzzy! I always thought only the moths were. Great shots! I haven't seem many butterflies around here but I look out for them all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Thanks Britanica, I have to say I have never really photographed many butterflies before so not studied them closely enough to notice how furry they are - I do know they are a lot faster than I imagined and a challenge to capture at times - still, just another photographic challenge to be enjoyed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. unstable_rider

unstable_rider FujiXspot Regular

Apr 2, 2017
    USA Minnesota
    Paul
    All winners in my book, Ian. That lens you have seems incapable of anything except home-run shots!

7. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Thank you Paul, it is a certainly a lens that for me exceeds the hype ( as do 99% of Fuji lenses). It is a joy to use.

8. Britanica

Sep 22, 2016
    Britanica
    Do you guys get humming birds? I once tried to get a decent shot of one with my phone and it looked like a blurred mess LOL! They are beautiful bird though. Not much bigger than a monarch butterfly.

9. Iansky

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    I do not believe so but as I am not into birding / wildlife I cannot provide a definitive answer, suspect our climate is not ideal for them though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Mike G

Mike G FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 7, 2016
    London
    Mike Gorman
    Other than in a zoo definitely no hummers this side of the pond!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Britanica

Sep 22, 2016
    Britanica
    I had no idea they weren't over there at all. I don't see many these days but I do get to see a few this year. They come around because of the colorful wind chimes. I will have to try to get a picture if I can. Just have to have my camera ready for it!

• Like Like x 1