Flying Scotsman

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Thunderbird010, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Thunderbird010

Thunderbird010 FujiXspot Rookie

Dec 31, 2015
    Andy
    image. Taken at the weekend with the XT1 and 18-135

• Like Like x 12
  2. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Oh that's quite lovely.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BRUCE1

BRUCE1 New to FujiXspot

Jan 20, 2016
    where was this taken please ??

4. Neon

Neon FujiXspot Rookie

Dec 26, 2015
    South England
    Nice image.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jan 31, 2013
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Beautiful photo, Andy! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Biro

Biro Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    A great way to start, Andy. Lovely work and welcome aboard!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thunderbird010

Dec 31, 2015
    Andy
    Hi Bruce it was taken in Bury Greater Manchester. The £4.2 million refurbishment has been carried out by a Bury company so we had 2 weekends to view it before it goes up on a Manchester to Carlisle Test run, then gets painted to its original green. It then goes to its new home at the national railway museum in York

8. Iansky

Iansky FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Ian Lloyd-Grahm
    Great shot Andy of a stunning machine and the perfect location, it summarises the age of steam and majesty of those powerful engines.
    Hope you did not have to stand around too long to get the image on a cold morning.
    If I may suggest I would be tempted to crop in closer to the left of the telegraph pole and lose part of the field so making the engine and viaduct larger in the frame ( you will need to crop the person framed in the arch out though), this is just something I would be tempted to do if it was my image but again this is a personal view.
    Thanks for sharing and have to say I am jealous and would love to have been there to capture this.

9. rayvonn

rayvonn FujiXspot Regular

Jan 6, 2016
    I haven't got a Fuji camera and haven't posted before either but as someone who's had Thomas the Tank Engines distributed to 3 generations of my family over a 50 year period, I just thought I'd chip in to say that is a fantastic image!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thunderbird010

Dec 31, 2015
    Andy

Thanks for the feedback Ian I waited an hour and a half for this photo as the scheduled times were all over the place. Time soon when the though as I was talking to another hobbyist photographer and there were a couple of guys with a slick operation with a drone which I found fascinating.

Will have a go at the cropping etc, I've just subscribed recently to Adobe cloud which I know nothing much about Lightroom or photoshop so I am watching lots of YouTube videos!!!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thunderbird010

Dec 31, 2015
    Andy
    Many thanks for your Kind words it was worth the wait in the end!!!

12. steve smith

steve smith FujiXspot Rookie

Apr 20, 2016
    steve smith
    wow, amazing shots! Such beautiful colors & details...very nice!