And now for something completely different: Stuffed Animals or... (Photographs)

BBW

Legend
Name
BB
Behind-the-Scenes Photos of Natural History - NYTimes.com

Klaus Pichler was wandering home from a bar one morning when he noticed a light coming from a basement window at Vienna’s Museum of Natural History. Even at that hour, he thought, someone was hard at work inside.

But Mr. Pichler didn’t see any people. He saw an antelope.

“It looked really strange and grotesque,” he said.

And it stuck with him. So, the next morning he contacted the museum’s director, who took him on a behind-the-scenes tour. The room he’d seen was the museum’s taxidermy division.

Take a look and see what you think. The article is by Kerri MacDonald. There are links within and one will take you here to see more of Klaus Pichler's work: Anzenberger

P.S. Lens is a place worth visiting regularly.

Some very odd pictures there and I'm not keen on them myself. It doesn't matter where you put them, the animals still look very dead! Perhaps I'm not "arty" enough to fully appreciate them LOL!

No problem - I found some quite entertaining...and surreal, but of course they are dead.;) I have always been fascinated by our Natural History Museum in NYC...my fantasy would have been to work there...but I never acted upon that dream...I could also have enjoyed being an art restorer...dreams gone bye... No matter what that Lens Blog is a very interesting site to keep an eye on...go back and go forward and I can guarantee that you'll find a photographic series that will hit home with you. This one just happened to be on the front page of the online NYTimes site at the time and I thought it was interesting.

Thanks for taking a look, Christina - and for responding.

Thanks BB, you are right. I bookmarked the NYT blogs page as there are some very interesting pics to be seen there :) Just viewed the "Fourteen Actors Acting" and thoroughly enjoyed it :D

Back