• Zeiss Ikon ZM
  • Voigtlander 35mm f/1.4 Nokton
  • Voigtlander 50/1.5 Nokton
  • Zeiss Ikon ZM 50/2 Planar
  • Olympus OM-2N
  • Olympus OM 50/1.2
  • Olympus OM 40/2
  • Konica M-Hexanon 50/2

The used prices for all but the OM-2n have doubled since I sold them, making it much harder to think about buying any again. If I could have one combo back, it would be the Bessa R3A and Zeiss 50 Planar. With the Bessa's 1:1 finder, it was a match made in heaven.

Anyone else wish you could get some gear back?

Ah that would be the Voigtlander Nokton f1.5 ... I knew it was a very good lens at the time but I was changing systems so I let it go. That was over a year ago and I haven't owned a lens since that felt as good .. and I've tried a lot of lenses!

I have recently re-acquired the other lens I regretted ... Takumar 28mm f3.5. As a M42 mount, it works with my preferred Sony A55 setup.

Don't really have regret because it funds other stuff that I really enjoy... but I do miss

Epson R-D1
Tri-Elmar 28-35-50 (<< a lot)
Canon EOS system (1dmII + lots of primes and zooms)

Rarely do I experience buyer's remorse but seller's remorse... yes.

My entire Contax G outfit. When I sold it, I thought I would never shoot film again. I am now shooting film occasionally, and would certainly enjoy it quite a bit if I still had it. It was a beauty of a system... :(

Snap. Mind you, I bought it used and traded it against a Nikon D300 body so the financial damage wasn't too great. And it's not that I shoot film now, it's just that if i still had it, I'd still be shooting film. If you see what I mean.

I sort of regretted selling my LX5, but I wasn't using it and couldn't see any reason to keep it. But it was just so well implemented, an amazing well thought out LITTLE camera. An incredible piece of gear. But now that I have an X10, I'm pretty much over it because except for giving me a slightly lesser wide at the wide end, it does everything the LX5 did but does it better and is just physically more comfortable to shoot with. And the IQ is definitely a notable step up from the LX5. So I'm over it, but the LX5 was just so purely GOOD, that selling it always just felt vaguely wrong...

-Ray

I've had two LX5s and a LX3 that I've sold. One of my favorites cameras I've owned. Regreted selling it every time, but I tend to be too eager to buy new gear and don't like having stuff I don't use. Also sold a GF1 w/20mm that I sort of regret since it no longer seem to be part of any new kits. For the time being I'm happy with a X100 and a Nikon J1 on the compact side. Hope I don't get too tempted about some of the new stuff coming next year. Especially the Fuji interhcangeable lens system...

-iau

I guess it has to be Pentax's FA31 limited because it was small, light and infused with fairy dust lol - the lens just has some amazingly film-like colour and consistently nicer bokeh which I just can't get from the Sigma 30mm. I originally sold it because I didn't think I was worthy of such an expensive lens and bought a DA21 and the Sigma 30mm 1.4 for the price of just the FA31... turns out I never used the DA21 (sold it) and only use the Sigma... so guess I should have kept the FA31 in the end

Edit: wonder if the King of Gas (Armando) has any regrets?

All of it. Really.

I buy carefully and thoughtfully, based on what I want my stuff to help me do. So I have really enjoyed my gear, and look fondly at the photographs hanging around our home - I know which camera / lens combination was my partner in each case.

If I had to choose something that I really miss, it's the 5D and 50/1.4 combination. So easy to use, such pleasing results.

I regret selling:

Olympus 14-54/2.8 -3.5 - because it was a GREAT lens and I could have used it on my m43 gear
Olympus Pen-F 40/1.4 - because I got it for an absolute steal but in truth I like my OM50/1.4 better and together with my Konica 40/1.8 cost less than half what the 40/1.4 does
Helios 44-2
Super Takumar SMC 50/1.5 and 35/3.5
LX3
E-P1.

I just picked up another E-P1 :D

Back