Fuji X 10 and Man's Best Friend

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by wridir, Feb 13, 2013.

1. wridir

wridir FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 13, 2013
    My companion, Calypso, is an 8 year old Standard Poodle. So I bring a camera to the park when weather permits, and Calypso's a street photographer's dream. Personality, good looks and photo friendly. I've shot with the X10, the X100 and now, with the X-E1. But the X10 is my choice at the park - and it's snow friendly. The lack of info in the finder doesn't bother me, but I'm looking forward to the X20. Other opinions out there on catching fast moving subjects?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Luke

Luke FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I like your edited composite, but as much as I love great photography, my first love is dogs and my second is photography (including snapshots). I know I need to step my game up as far as real photographs go, but you need to share some snapshots of your beautiful dogs in the long-running dog thread.

As for my opinion on catching fast moving targets? he high ISO on the Fujis is why I shoot with one. I am NOT a photographer. I like to take snapshots of my dog when I'm done with work. I'm usually inside in lousy light watching TV. auto ISO up to 6400 and wide open is usually plenty enough light, but the DOF will be shallow, so I prefocus where I think the dog WILL be.

Good luck and show more!

• Like Like x 1
  3. wridir

wridir FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 13, 2013
    Thanks, for the props, Luke. Especially for saying the pic's a composite. It isn't, scout's honour. Cross my heart, hope to die, all that stuff. Only editing was a crop in Lightroom and some fussing with contrast and saturation. It's one shot in a sequence done at 3 fps. Probably did 9 shots in all. When I shoot action, I keep the viewfinder up, LCD set to "info" and react to what I see. With snow, generally have the compensation dial at +2 and focus set to spot - so I have to keep the main subject in the center of the viewfinder and hope to get lucky. So it's a snapshot. Honest.:D I can post other frames in the sequence if you like. Also happy to post on the dog thread!

4. Luke

Luke FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    aaaahhhhh. I see now. So you blew the snow out. I thought you edited out whatever was in the background. I would have never thought to do that, but it looks cool. I usually dial DOWN the exposure comp to retain detail in the snow....LOL. Better to expose for those beautiful dogs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    You know I almost couldn't be sure from the thumbnail version if this was a "photo shoot" done inside with a white background - then I clicked on it! I like it! Your dogs are beautiful - or is Calypso the only one that's yours? She is truly a knockout!

By the way, I'm going to move this thread into the Image to Share forum into "Other Genres". I see you've added some more great dog shots to our Inevitable Dog thread, but it's great to have this one, as well.:thumbup:

• Like Like x 1