Fuji X-cams go Supermotard Racing!

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by Stephen S, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Stephen S

Stephen S FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 14, 2014
    East Bay, Northern California
    Stephen Scharf
    Went out with a buddy and shot Supermoto USA supermotard racing at the NorCal Motorcycle Show event.

Who says Fujis can't do sports? ;)

Josh Serne (center) and a couple of his buddies are thumbs up before their racing starts.

Josh%20and%20Friends.

Hunter Su confers with a friend about his bike setup after practice.

Hunter%20Su.

Supermoto USA founder and principal, Brok McAllister during the Unlimited race.

Brok.

Racing is fast and furious in supermotard, yet the riders are all very close friends; grass roots racing at it's best.

Supermoto-Race-Chase.

More racing action...racers "backin' it in" into the corner; in other words, these guys are going sideways on the bike entering the corner...on pavement.
    No.%2088.

Josh Serne shows his approach to backin' it in...
    Josh-Backinqu-In.

Winner and second place of the Beginner's Class.
    Novice%20Winner.

Moore.

• Like Like x 2
  2. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    Would LOVE to ride one of those someday.

3. Stephen S

Feb 14, 2014
    Stephen Scharf
    Yeah, it would be a lot of fun. Josh Serne, above, has been racing Supermotard since he was 5 years old. I have shots of him I took in 2002.

4. Stephen S

Feb 14, 2014
    Stephen Scharf
    I got more likes on a set of these images on Facebook than I have in all long time. All the racers and their friends and family jumped on it. This is what I like about Supermotard racing; it's grass roots racing at it's best. t's the sort of thing where one racer will lend his buddy a key part only to have that buddy go out and try to beat him in their race using that part. Then, they will probably get off their bikes and give each other a big hug. As you can see from the top photo, all these guys are all very good friends with one another, and form very strong bonds competing against each other. I can attest to that personally having road raced motorcycles at Sonoma Raceway with the AFM for five years. I formed some friendships that were very close; I would literally go into combat for those guys.

Not sure I could say the same thing for NASCAR, these days.

5. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    Not much money in it, so they're mostly there because they love the sport. That's awesome.