Photokina 2010

Herman

The Image Stimulator
Name
Herman
Photokina starts next Tuesday September 21, it ends on Sunday September 26.
Have you any rumors or whisful thoughts, post them here.
I expect Sony to show at leat one 3D camera ! (my rumor and whisful thought too).

Thank you, Herman. Although I know there are some that really don't care about Photokina, there are plenty who do. I have to tell you that until this past year, I was oblivious to its existence. Now, I do have an interest. Some of my interest is personal, some is just the garden variety kind of "Hmm, I wonder what's new?" type, while realizing that there has to be a good amount of marketing, corporate bottom line jockeying going on for these manufacturers, too.

I saw that Noisy Camera's has established a "situation room" which did make me laugh out loud.:D

OK, I'm going to fess up here on the open forum. I've been considering selling my E-PL1 and attendant gear. Shocking. Or I may consider a good long zoom for it, and maybe selling the wonderful 20mm lens, and keeping the 9-18mm. Or I may decide that I really, really would be happiest with my beloved X1 and a nice little zoom lens small camera w/ controls. Or I may do nothing, which is my normal modus operandi until I fell under the X1 spell.

possible Leica cameras?

I see that Steve Huff has been gazing into his "crystal ball" again with regards to what Leica may be bringing to the Photokina table: Photokina around the corner…whats new from Leica? My predictions… | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS and it's not just about what most people think is the sure thing, either.

It will be interesting to me to see if Leica does bring out a new camera somewhere "between" the X1 and the M9. Inquiring minds will be waiting.

Personally, I am very curious about the Photokina because - as it seems - it might finally bring some really
interesting firmware update for Sony's Nex-5. Since when that camera was released, I am just waiting for
Sony to improve its numerous faults hindering its formidable potential (according to most serious reviewers).
Once its software is improved, maybe a couple 'buttons' are added and - I hope - a zoom objective starting
at 24mm equivalent will become available, I will buy it. But all that is too much for this Photokina, I am afraid ...
Marcus

Thank you, Herman. Although I know there are some that really don't care about Photokina, there are plenty who do. I have to tell you that until this past year, I was oblivious to its existence. Now, I do have an interest. Some of my interest is personal, some is just the garden variety kind of "Hmm, I wonder what's new?" type, while realizing that there has to be a good amount of marketing, corporate bottom line jockeying going on for these manufacturers, too.

I saw that Noisy Camera's has established a "situation room" which did make me laugh out loud.:D

Goodness BB I'll have to stay away from that situation room;):rolleyes:

I see that Steve Huff has been gazing into his "crystal ball" again with regards to what Leica may be bringing to the Photokina table: Photokina around the corner…whats new from Leica? My predictions… | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS and it's not just about what most people think is the sure thing, either.

It will be interesting to me to see if Leica does bring out a new camera somewhere "between" the X1 and the M9. Inquiring minds will be waiting.

Indeed BB if it were to be a m43 this would be great news, a m43 Leica would go well with my new Porsche ;):D

I'm seriously thinking about selling my M4/3rds stuff too. I'm afraid that the Leica X1 has spoiled me. I realized that I just wasn't enjoying lugging around the EP2 and 50mm lens I have on it, nor the 70 - 300 lens I was toting. I took many, many more pictures with the X1 and I'm beginning to get used to the fov. I've been looking at the Sony NEX 5 for the last few weeks and was thinking about buying it and using an adapter for a Zeiss Planer lens instead. Not sure I'm too bothered about what Photokina will bring as I don't expect them to be bringing out a more "pro" NEX but who knows, I may be surprised. I know if I buy one this week that's what will surely happen though :(

I'm selling my E-P2 and lenses very soon. It simply has not worked out for me. It's not necessarily compact and it does not have the performance nor high quality glass of my DSLR. It's neither here nor there. So it'll be down to my Ricohs, Sigma DPs, and Olympus DSLR.

Not sure I'm too bothered about what Photokina will bring as I don't expect them to be bringing out a more "pro" NEX but who knows, I may be surprised. I know if I buy one this week that's what will surely happen though :(
Timing is everything, or so they say. Chances are with a number of "new issues" that people will have to wait for several months even if they're interested. That said, I do know exactly what you mean.;)

I'm still waiting for an interchangeable lens camera with rangefinder-like-looks, with AF and a built in viewfinder, without a leica price tag, provided the IQ is reasonable I'd probably buy one right away. The Fuji X100 comes close (see here:https://www.photographerslounge.org/f9/fuji-new-rangefinder-form-448/)

I'm with you here! I have the GF1 which I love but that Fuji X100 looks the absolute nuts!!!! If that had an interchangeable lens system then the GF1 may well end up in the bottom draw!! The GF2 I predict will be a more modern looking X100 with built in EVF the same as on the G2 but in a similar location as the X100. The GF2 will be a definite purchase as I can use my lenses from the GF1.

I also wonder, why for instance the Sony Nex doesn't have an EVF. An almost full frame should be kept to the head in my opinion. I have no use for a swappable LCD -screen (not used to it perhaps).
Jan

I am very excited about photokina although I don't expect many big surprises. We don't know what Leica will be coming with (besides the D-Lux 5) and maybe there will be some surprises we don't know at the moment. I expect Nikon to unveil their EVIL, which won't be available until spring 2011, and maybe Canon might introduce something. This will be interesting, but I don't think we should expect any miracles.

Back