'Fuji X100S Review - A Camera Walks Into a Bar' at ZackArias.com

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Amin Sabet, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jan 31, 2013
    Boston, MA (USA)
    READ ON at ZackArias.com (Really a great review)

2. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    Interesting review. The accompanying photos are what speak volumes to me though.

3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jan 31, 2013
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Some really great photography for sure.

4. jloden

jloden FujiXspot Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Agreed... I found the review amusing, but mainly the photos are what count... and they're looking really great!

5. Mitch

Mitch FujiXspot Regular

Feb 9, 2013
    Piscataway, NJ
    The real issue is that Zack is an amazing photographer. His command of composition and lighting is simply superb. I think that he can outshoot many others after drinking a dozen bottles of his favorite microbrew. Have you guys seen him do the photo critiques on YouTube or Kelby training? He knows his stuff.

That being said, if he has good things to say about certain equipment, that speaks volumes for the quality, but doesn't guarantee that we can achieve the same results. That Shakespeare guy was pretty good too, but it really was his pen that wrote his complete works. I wish I had that pen.:p

6. jloden

jloden FujiXspot Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    100% true... my way of looking at it is once I know the gear is capable of a certain caliber of work, I've eliminated all excuses or obstacles except me from the equation :D

7. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Near Philadephila
  8. Mitch

Mitch FujiXspot Regular

Feb 9, 2013
    Piscataway, NJ
    I enjoy Steve's videos, but there is a major difference between him, Zack and David Hobby.

The later two produce photographs that I appreciate and often wish I was capable of doing myself. I aspire to produce some images that either would appreciate.

Steve's vids are better than an unboxing but not on the same level. (That Nikon Guy) Matt Grainger (IMHO) is much better and has lots of information. Kai at DigitalRev is funny, but is also capable of getting some decent captures.

Anyone else found any interesting YouTube channels that are really worthy of viewing?

9. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    I agree in general with your assessment, however, in this case I actually found Steve's photographs with the X100S to be surprisingly good (apart from the easter basket and airplane cabin photos)