Fuji XE1 + 18/35 Prime $300 instant savings

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by krysdafur, Feb 7, 2013.

1. krysdafur

krysdafur FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 1, 2013
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jan 31, 2013
    Boston, MA (USA)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. krysdafur

Feb 1, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  4. krysdafur

Feb 1, 2013
    Maybe your like a good luck charm, bringing the prices down for everyone else. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Armanius

Armanius FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    Maybe in preparation for the XPro1S and XE1S!?

In theory, it shouldn't be too hard for Fuji to change its XPro1 and XE1 production. It'd be the same modified sensor as the X100S plus change in processing engine.

6. garylh

garylh FujiXspot Regular

Feb 7, 2013
    Those components may have circuit board foot print changes as well as other components that Fuji did not mention. Since it appears the new x100s is the same size as the old x100, one would assume there should be no issue w/ the xp1s as well. I wonder if they are going to upgrade the sensor further. For example, make it a 20-24 mp, to create more differentiation. I believe the rumor for next gen xp1 was going to be later part of 2013.

Gary

7. Armanius

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    I'll be happy with just faster and more accurate AF under all conditions, face detection, and a small flash for fill-in. Maybe a few more customizable buttons would be nice too.

8. Armanius

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    WOW. Check out Adorama. They are giving free UV filters for each lens purchased. Plus, they are discounting all lenses when purchased with the camera body. For example, the biggest combo goes for:

XE1 $999
    18-55 $499 (regular $699)
    18/2 $449 ($599)
    35/1.4 $299 ($599)
    60/2.4 $474 ($649)
    plus 4 Fuji UV filters for free ($59 each)

9. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Please point me towards the rumors section...and meanwhile keep showing us all the discounts, too!:cool:

10. Armanius

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    With that big bundle discount from Adorama, it's perfect for someone ready to fully dive into the XPro/XE world.

Hint hint, BB!

But yes, house comes first!

• Like Like x 1
  11. BBW

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Thanks Armando, I needed that!

Is there a thread anywhere that explains what the newer versions are supposed to offer? You see if I can convince myself that it is better to wait, that will please my bank account...and help me with the garage/barn we have to build, too. :thumbup:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Armanius

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    I think the next set of cameras should all have the phase detection capable sensors in it. According to the interview with Ms. Barker, the phase detection areas of the sensor are only in the middle of the sensor though. So maybe, by the time Fuji makes the XPro2/XE2, the phase detection area will expand to the entire sensor ... ? Haha. I'm not even sure how that all works. But I like to pretend.

13. BBW

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    But counselor, you sound so convincing!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Armanius

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    In the words of garage valet parking guy in Ferris Bueller, "Trust me, I'm a professional!"

• Like Like x 1
  15. BBW

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    One of my favorite movies.:biggrin_old:

• Like Like x 1