Some wildlife

texascbx

Veteran
Name
Ricky
I noticed the big pretty rooster missing the other day and after looking everywhere, I found what was left of him. Then I saw Mr. Coyote trying to sneak up on another one of my chickens. So this weekend, I'm getting a 22-250 with a scope and put an end to his chicken killing ways. Also a couple of images of a new calf.

p132697091-4.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p375951436-4.jpg

p1027838058-4.jpg

p898446746-4.jpg

p813852790-4.jpg

p939537569-4.jpg

p604298947-4.jpg

I know it's the coyote's instincts and needs, but I am sorry. I'd be heartbroken if my dog was attacked or worse.

Interesting to see him on the hunt with the cows around...I guess they aren't worried?

Lovely little calf, Ricky - congratulations!

I was surprised that the cows had nearly no reaction to him. What's bad about it is most of the day yesterday I was watching for him. My neighbor has a scoped .243 and took at least two shots at him. This morning when I got up and looked out the bedroom window, he was running away from my backyard fence. He was close enough to hit with my pistol if I had just been a little more stealthy about it. So he has taken my only rooster, my only adult hen and now I can't walk around in the pasture with my Siberian Husky for fear she will chase it. She is fearless, but I don't think she could take a wild coyote. So now all my chickens and ducks have to stay in their pens during the beautiful spring days till I get a suitable rifle and scope this weekend and take him out.

I had no intention of fooling with Mr. Coyote until he forced my hand. I know they kill rodents and other creatures that would be considered pests. My neighbor said he will come back every day until all my chickens are gone. I've seen him twice in the back pasture this morning, but I don't have a rifle that can reach him. Yet.

An update on Mr. Coyote. RIP. I hid in the horse stall this daybreak and sure enough, two came along my fence line and just as I though they would, they went under the fence right where I had my scope sighted in at 200 yards. The area I figured they would come in was behind the hay barn which makes them invisible from my back porch. But not from where I sat before sunup this morning.

Back