Fujifilm HG-XE1 GRIP for X-E2?

Discussion in 'Fuji X-Mount Cameras' started by EgillBjarki, Nov 24, 2013.

1. EgillBjarki

EgillBjarki FujiXspot Regular

Nov 4, 2013
    Hong Kong
    Egill Bjarki
    Hello,

Does anyone happen to have tried this? The body has changed very little between X-E1 and X-E2, but I would like to be sure before ordering, will it fit my X-E2?

2. ranxoren

ranxoren FujiXspot Regular

Jul 7, 2013
    Sure will. I use it on my X-E2 and it helps tremendously for overall handling but especially for lenses like the XF23

• Like Like x 1
  3. EgillBjarki

Nov 4, 2013
    Hong Kong
    Egill Bjarki
    Good to know, I will bet getting the grip for sure then!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. jloden

jloden FujiXspot Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    You might want to consider aftermarket grips also. Here's my thread on one here:

https://www.fujixspot.com/showthread.php?t=1923

The iShoot I use and posted out above has the benefit of allowing access to the battery/SD card while attached and also adds the option for an L plate for tripod use in portrait-orientation.

• Like Like x 2
  5. EgillBjarki

Nov 4, 2013
    Hong Kong
    Egill Bjarki
    Good to know, it does not look as nice as the original, but more functional. Thanks for pointing out that option!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Armanius

Armanius FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    I broke down, and bought something similar!

• Like Like x 1
  7. entropic remnants

entropic remnants Solving for X

Jul 28, 2013
    So far I've had no need for the X-E1 grip even when shooting the 55-200mm, but then I am a committed 2-handed shooter.

I've even used the X-E1 without one of those little buttons you all put on your shutters AND with huge gloves on, lol. Call me a traditionalist...

• Like Like x 1
  8. jloden

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    It's definitely not necessary (I used mine without a grip until a couple months ago). That said, it is a big improvement in handling and it offers some nice add-ons, like being able to keep my Capture/tripod plate on without blocking the battery & SD card slot.

But I can't imagine not using a shutter release button :eek: - that's just crazy talk!

:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  9. entropic remnants

entropic remnants Solving for X

Jul 28, 2013
    Well, what did you expect from me, SANITY? Silly boy, lol...

• Like Like x 1
  10. romi.gilles

romi.gilles FujiXspot Top Veteran

May 17, 2013
    back in Crooklyn
    i had a RRS one for my x100s, but wanted the L-bracket. picked up the iShoot one which for all three pieces (bottom qr plate, grip & L-bracket) was about the same price as just the RRS L-bracket. i tried to look up an iShoot one for my x-e2.. there doesn't seem to be one available, at this time. since i already have a RRS one for my x-e2, i just need the L-bracket (i actually do use it). if an entire iShoot kit doesn't show up anytime soon, i'll just have to get the L-bracket from RRS.

2urutaty.
    i think why RRS shows the x-e1 kit as not compatible is because of the following...

yqe9adap.

a8e4u4ab.

(Sent from another Galaxy - Tapatalk.)

11. jloden

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    I have the X-E1 iShoot grip, it should be the same as the X-E2 so you can pick one of the X-E1 models up from iShoot if you want the L-bracket setup for it.

EDIT: nevermind, I missed the part in your post about the X-E1 kit being incompatible. That's odd... so you're saying it's incompatible because of the function button placement?

12. romi.gilles

May 17, 2013
    back in Crooklyn
    oh, no.. sorry. haha

i believe it's just with the bottom corners of the black trim being wider than the open area of the RRS plate. but it's really only the bottom-right that has the stress. i'll take a pic, later, to show the mark it left.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jloden

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Yeah the DPR thread says it's the extra screen size/trim causing the problem - bummer! I was banking on reusing the iShoot grip, that makes me even less inclined to pick up an X-E2 right away now knowing I'd have to get a new plate.

14. romi.gilles

May 17, 2013
    back in Crooklyn
    it's actually a no-biggie. you'll only have this minor indentation...

a7ysu9y8.

i won't even bother filing down that corner of the plate.

• Like Like x 1
  15. romi.gilles

May 17, 2013
    back in Crooklyn
    8ejy3asy.
    ^
    didn't border shaving left side since it never touched the framing around the screen.

e9y8u5yp.
    ^
    i didn't want to cut all the way through like pics i've seen on dpr from the link you posted. i didn't think it was necessary.

yqepedav.
    ^
    but i did shave a rounded notch in the inner side with my dremel, then dabbed some black rustoleum over it.

zy4uhe2e.
    ^
    so from the outside, it doesn't look all botched up.

medadu6e.
    ^
    i have plenty clearance, now.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jloden

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Cool, good to know it's an easy mod. I would probably do the same rather than selling and re-buying another grip!