Fujifilm X100 firmware 2.0 / confirmed!!!

Discussion in 'Fuji X100, X100S, and X100T' started by merliin, Sep 5, 2013.

1. merliin

merliin FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 9, 2013
  2. Greyelm

Greyelm FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    S.London, England
    Malcolm
    According to a a French site it will be available to download 10th September

3. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    It won't.

4. Greyelm

Feb 1, 2013
    S.London, England
    Malcolm
    Ca ne fait rien.

5. entropic remnants

entropic remnants Solving for X

Jul 28, 2013
    Well, as just another dumb, blue collar American I'm confused, so:

Rico: Why won't it?
    Malcolm: What the heck does that mean?

6. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    Why should it? There's no announcement, so let's wait and see. 10SEP is very unlikely.

7. Greyelm

Feb 1, 2013
    S.London, England
    Malcolm
    "It doesn't matter" or words to that effect. If nothing happens on the 10th the X100 will still be a great camera.

8. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    You know, Malcolm, I feel that way too. Maybe we just like things the way they are?:friends:

Not saying I wouldn't be interested in hearing what the firmware update might mean, and all that.:flowers_2:

9. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    Of course, and I'd rather have it happen a few days/weeks later than "enjoying" buggy firmware on 10SEP. :)

10. entropic remnants

Jul 28, 2013
    I see where you are both coming from and I agree that the X100 is a great camera as is. Any change will be "icing" and not the body of the "cake".

That rumor site seems so sure of itself... but if it's sure it's not a rumor now, is it? lol

11. Greyelm

Feb 1, 2013
    S.London, England
    Malcolm
    Absolutely, but I suspect that the users will still become the 'beta' testers even if the release takes longer.

12. bartjeej

bartjeej FujiXspot Regular

Mar 31, 2013
    If I read the google-translation of the French text correctly, one of the improvements would be a 30% reduction in mimimum focus distance in non-macro mode? That would be a huge improvement, and really decrease my #1 criticism of the X100. The camera as it is now can sometimes autofocus at shorter distances than the stated mimimum focus distance (in regular AF mode), but not consistently. And macro mode itself is a slow PITA.

13. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    Since the X100S can do it (increased AF frame offset in the OVF to compensate for parallax), the X100 should be able to do it, too.

14. RT_Panther

RT_Panther FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    Texas
    I really hope this comes to fruition :)

15. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    No worries, it will. The reason for the delay is supposed to be a problem with the macro AF, so once this has been sorted out, I expect an official announcement with an official date. It appears like one or two incompetent members of the media published an embargoed press release about the new firmware that had already been retracted in order to reflect the new delay, fueling another round of rumors with such irresponsible action. The same appearantly happened with the premature Czech X-A1 announcement, which was originally scheduled for IFA (5SEP), then postponed (Fuji isn't on display at IFA).

16. Armanius

Armanius FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    Via firmware, X100 turns into a full frame sensor camera!!! :eek: Glad I still have mine!

17. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    Assuming Fuji deliver everything that's rumoured I'm seriously wondering why I purchased an X100S. All the disadvantages that led me to go with the newer model will have been remedied.

18. entropic remnants

Jul 28, 2013
    Can't get X-trans with a firmware update though. You'll always have X-trans.

19. Armanius

Armanius FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    No phase detect pixels on the sensor either.