Fujox

Discussion in 'Fuji X Series News and Rumors' started by Lightmancer, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    A bit odd, I'm sure their merger has been done years ago, having worked for Fuji Xerox myself as a technician in the past :hmmm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Luke

Luke FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    mirrorless copy machines...also available with "rangefinder styling"

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    I'm with Phoenix on this. I did work with Xerox Global Business Services a few years ago and I remember some sort of tie-up then. Perhaps that was just an alliance; this looks more like a hostile acquisition.

4. Mike G

Mike G FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 7, 2016
    London
    Mike Gorman
    I seem to recall that it was Rank-Xerox in the UK, but that was in the 1970s!

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    Hostile acquisition sounds like it, or Fuji has now a more of a controlling interest in the merger.

Just a theory.....Xerox was one of the more dominant photo imaging companies back in the early nineties while Fuji on the otherhand were struggling due to the transition of photography from film into digital. Fast forward 20 years later, Xerox' market share is really hurting due to new technologies introduced by companies like Konica Minolta, Canon, Samsung, etc.. also with the increased competition, while Fuji on the otherhand is enjoying good returns. (Recent Fuji performance summary).