Go Kart Racing Photos with X-T1

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by Stephen S, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Stephen S

Stephen S FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 14, 2014
    East Bay, Northern California
    Stephen Scharf
    I took my X-T1 to Sonoma Raceway today to try out it's High-Speed Continuous Focus autofocus performance, and came away quite pleasantly surprised.

Here's some samples.

First up is a series of 8 of 13 images in a continuous sequence showing a kart entering and going through a corner on the race track. The racer was at full race pace, turning sub 1 minute laps.

Cart%20Racer-1.

Cart%20Racer-2.

Cart%20Racer-3.

Cart%20Racer-4.

Cart%20Racer-5.

Cart%20Racer-6.

Cart%20Racer-7.

Cart%20Racer-8.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Stephen S

Feb 14, 2014
    Stephen Scharf
    Some individual shots, each from a set of AF tracking shots.

Kart%20Racer%209-1.

Kart%20Racer%2010.

Kart%20Racer%2011.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Stephen S

Feb 14, 2014
    Stephen Scharf
    The excellent dynamic range of the Fuji X-Trans sensor is on display here, letting the shadow detail of the racer's racing suit to be visible even in this strongly backlit shot (the sun was pretty much directly behind the racer in this photo).

Kart%20Racer%2012.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Stephen S

Feb 14, 2014
    Stephen Scharf
    The racing today was from a kart racing school; here is the racing school "class photo". Notable amongst the students are Pro NHRA Top Fuel Funny Car racers Ron Capps, in the blue Napa Auto Parts suit, and "Fast" Jack Beckman in the Valvoline racing suit. Photo taken with the marvelous Fuji 23mm.

Kart%20Racing%20School.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Stephen S

Feb 14, 2014
    Stephen Scharf
    Today's race winners. Taken available light with the Fuji 23mm at ISO1600. The other track photographer next to me was using flash.

Pro NHRA Top Fuel Funny Car racers Ron Capps, in the blue Napa Auto Parts suit, and "Fast" Jack Beckman in the Valvoline racing suit are at the left. Capps finished third in the race. Both Capps and Beckman, top racers in their profession, are two of the nicest guys you could hope to meet. One of the things I like about the Pro NHRA racers are they are incredibly friendly, gracious, approachable and completely without pretension. Not at all like many Formula 1 racers, whom you would never even get to see, let alone share a joke with.

Race%20Winners.

• Like Like x 2