Good News, Amazon shipped! Bad News, 8 day wait for defalt std. shipping

Discussion in 'Fuji X100, X100S, and X100T' started by Jamie Z, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Jamie Z

Jamie Z FujiXspot Regular

Mar 10, 2013
    western Colorado
    I was suddently notfified my X100S had shipped, but not with the 2 day Amazon Prime I had counted on. Now to wait one last week.

2. carlb

carlb FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 6, 2013
    twin cities, minnesota
    Carl
    Yay! And crud. :( Just be sure to check your delivery options - would be awful to add another day of going to fedex, UPS, or USPS to sign for the package.

3. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    When did you place your order?

4. Mitch

Mitch FujiXspot Regular

Feb 9, 2013
    Piscataway, NJ
    While I'm a major Amazon customer (they call me if I don't place an order for 4 days to check on my health).
    I've been very concerned about how they fill orders in the last 7 months.

When it was first possible to order an EOS-M and the lens converter I placed an order (They didn't highlight the focus problems in the original marketing material). I got the M in a reasonable amount of time, but the lens converter was on back order through Amazon Prime for 3 months (even though it was in plentiful supply with prime marketplace vendors).

I used to feel that if you placed an pre-order that you would get the product at launch or at least shipped in the order they were received, not sure this is still the case. Anyone else have thought on this?

5. Jamie Z

Jamie Z FujiXspot Regular

Mar 10, 2013
    western Colorado
    january 8

6. spinyman

spinyman FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Valley Center,CA.
    I ordered from Amazon and B&H on launch day.I got my camera from B&H yesterday.Just got a vague shipping window from Amazon, so canceled.

7. snkenai

snkenai FujiXspot Regular

Jan 31, 2013
    Campbellsville, KY
    Ordered a small item. Shipped from another company ( Amazon doesn't stock everything they sell/broker). UPS ground, (snail), on day of projected delivery, it did not arrive. Next day USPS truck brought it labeled Priority (over UPS label). UPS drives right by our drive. They took it to PO (About 1.5 miles from house)for delivery. Management issues?

8. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    I'm sure they ship them in the order that the orders are received, however, I seem to recall Amazon being the slowest to fill their pre-orders for the OM-D E-M5 as well. I have an Amazon credit card which earns me points and with Amazon I don't have to pay tax, but I still placed a second order with my local retailer (picked up my camera yesterday) as I figured Amazon might be late to the party this time as well. Seems like maybe I was right? In Amazon's defense, perhaps there are just supply chain issues as my local shop had 6 cameras on order and only got 3 in. You'd figure that with such a small quantity, Fuji could fill the entire order, but maybe the cameras are just trickling in everywhere.