Got my X-M1

Discussion in 'Fuji X-Mount Cameras' started by Jman13, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Jman13

Jman13 FujiXspot Regular

Mar 7, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I got the X-M1 today...mainly for the 16-50 (which, despite being slower, will fit my usage for a standard zoom better than the 18-55...mainly due to the extra wide end and the cost savings). Current plan is to keep the body long enough to do a review of it, then sell the body and keep the lens. However, if I end up really liking the body, I could end up keeping it as well.

First impressions: It's all plastic (except for the body lens mount) though solidly constructed. Feels very light. Rear screen is nice. Disappointed that the lens didn't come with a real rear cap, just a cheap plastic cover that won't hold up to any real use. I guess they expect buyers of the kit to not use many other lenses. Lens seems sharp for the most part in some quick testing, though the OIS is finicky around 1/20s at the long end...need to look into that more (Got plenty of sharp shots at 1/7 sec at 50mm, but only 40% of the shots were sharp at 1/20s. Odd.)

xm1.

2. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    Interesting. I thought the translucent cover was due to the pre-production status of my stuff (after all, my PP kit didn't include a battery, either). Well, since I have at least 8 replacement caps and 9 batteries, so I really didn't care that much. ;) However, I fully agree that this looks very cheap to a first-time buyer. Disappointing.

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Jordan,

Thanks for the update and please keep it coming. I've been interested in this camera for a while but am still treading water. So the rear lens cap is that bad. Maybe when one buys the next lens, it doesn't matter? Still, it should be something real for the lens.

I, too, like the wider angle of this lens...and I think that I would very much like the tilt screen.:wink_old: