Grand View

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by TonyTurley, Jul 4, 2016.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley FujiXspot Top Veteran

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    Another view from Grandview Park in southern WV, USA. So named because of its spectacular vistas, Grandview was once part of the WV state park system. It is now managed by the National Park Service as part of the New River National River. Some of the overlooks a bit farther downstream are roughly 1,000 feet over the river. Makes my knees weak standing there, even with a guard rail in place. Some of the highest overlooks have no guard rails or barriers. X-T1 + XF 18-55.

TT

DSCF0109b.

• Like Like x 2
  2. bluzcity

bluzcity FujiXspot Regular Subscribing Member

Jul 24, 2013
    Memphis, TN
    Brent
    Looks like a peaceful place.

3. TonyTurley

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    Very much so. Many of the parks and trails along the New River Gorge are very popular, but if one can get to any of its trails or overlooks in the wee hours of the morning, it is quiet and serene. I try to arrive by sunrise or shortly thereafter.

TT

4. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    Gorgeous. I just biked through a chunk of WV, and the views are incredible indeed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TonyTurley

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    That's cool, Kyle. What part of the state were you in?

6. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    On the Great Allegheny Passage and then the C&O Towpath, biking from Pittsburgh to DC. It weaves from PA through WV and MD, so I remember names of towns like Frostburg and Paw Paw.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TonyTurley

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    That is one area of the state where I've spent little time. I tend to stay within about a 3 hour radius from my house. Lots to do around here.