Greeetings from Finland

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Matero, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Matero

Matero FujiXspot Regular

Jan 28, 2014
    Helsinki, Finland
    I've been active on sister site mu43.com for one year and 'secretly' lurking this Fuji site. I've had itch for Fuji X-T1 and today I decided to scratch.

I bought X-T1 with Fujinon X35mm f/1.4. And I must say now I've found it. I've been shooting for my own amusement for 35 years. Since photography started to convert to digital I've been looking for my solution. Early days P&S were quite mediocre and I shot little bit more with Canon Rebel. However I never was quite satisfied with that camera. Then I tried Sony SLT a-55 and found it quite capable photographing device. But, something was missing. Short period with Sony RX-100 P&S.

And then I found the joy of photography again when I found Olympus and m43. Excellent glass, beautiful cameras (PEN E-P5, PM2 and OMD E- M10). But, something was still missing. Didn't like the PASM approach and menus and ... you know what I mean. I've been admiring the looks of X-T1 since it came out. And now I finally decided to try. Sold the Sony SLT and bought X-T1. I've just tested the camera but now I'm sure, I'll definitely stay with Fuji for long time and get more lenses, I only like primes, so 23mm and 56mm it will be when enough cash put aside.

I really like the simplicity of the picture taking process with X-T1, I've missed this from my film era Nikons. (Never been fun of Canon nor Nikon digital SLRs). I've recycled all my cameras to family members and maybe they'll get upgrades now :)

But I'll keep my PEN E-P5 and excellent Olympus 17/45/75 primes. Everything else I'll give to family members or sell if not wanted by them. And BTW, bought another Fuji one day before, X10 for my baby daughter as her 10th birthday. She wasn't happy with her first plastic Samsung P&S which she had for birthday 2 years ago. Maybe I'll eventually have a companion sharing my hobby and disease, GAS :)

• Like Like x 5
  2. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Welcome! What a great story; I always a appreciate hearing the journeys of others. Post some images with your new camera please!

• Like Like x 2
  3. stegaster

stegaster FujiXspot Rookie

Welcome and enjoy.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using FujiXspot mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix Ronin-13 Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    Hi and welcome Matero

I'm glad you found your way here, as they say X marks the spot :p

• Like Like x 2
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Matero, I'm so glad you found your way here and can't wait to see some of your X-T1 photos! I agree with Bill, it is always interesting to hear about other's photographic journeys.

As for your daughter becoming a photographic companion, the chances sound good to me. My own daughter has a great eye and when we're out together it's a very easy and natural time...we both have our cameras and and our own views of the world. There's something extra special about sharing the experience with someone you love.

• Like Like x 3