Greetings from Burkey in Northeastern Vermont

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Burkey, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Burkey

Burkey FujiXspot Regular Subscribing Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Northern New England
    David
    Hey Folks.
    And now that I just had another wicked GAS attack and have sold off my remaining DSLR Canon gear, I thought I should join up over here since I am now totally "Fuji Equipped". Am picking up a used X Pro 1 body from my friends at KEH to complete da' Fuji inventory.
    On an unrelated note, sorta', I just had one of my eyes repaired from cataracts and can't believe the resolution and chroma levels I haven't seen in years. :cool: 'Probably prompted the happiness-based GAS attack. Who knows. Anyway, glad to be here as well as over on "Serious Compacts".
    . . . David

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    David - congratulations upon the new vision, as well as your soon to be X Pro 1 - and glad to have you here my friend! Is it snowing up there, it is here!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Biro

Biro Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Welcome aboard, David. Great to have The Kingdom represented here!

• Like Like x 1
  4. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. bilzmale

bilzmale FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 3, 2013
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill
    Good to see you here David - wise choice in gear too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Burkey

Burkey FujiXspot Regular Subscribing Member

Jan 25, 2014
    Northern New England
    David
    Thanks, all. Nice to be over here with you folks too. I just can't articulate well why I am so infatuated with the "Fuji X" look. I'm still really enjoying my XE-1 and XF-1 cameras. (I'm considering selling my X20 because the image quality out of the XF-1 is so good, especially for a camera I quite literally put in my pocket.) I think the X Pro 1 will be a good addition to the collection. I have an XF 18 - 55 on the way from KEH mainly for the wide side. 'Looking forward to using it in the coming weeks as I need to shoot more promo shots in the academic department where I teach.
    BB - not as much snow up our way as apparently you folks have. Cold again this morning with -9F.
    'Am enjoying my rediscovered vision perhaps a bit too much. Even with an artificial lens implant apparently eye fatigue is still very possible. ;-)
    Take care all.
    . . . David