Have read and seen enough. X20 ordered.

Discussion in 'Fuji X10, X20, X30, XF1, and X-S1' started by carlb, Mar 17, 2013.

1. carlb

carlb FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 6, 2013
    twin cities, minnesota
    Carl
    The 100% views of X20 photos on Flickr tell the story. The X20's xtrans sensor and lens combination give and exceptionally sharp resolution at low ISO.

Add in a well implemented optical viewfinder, decent auto-focus, fast aperture, and larger than usual compact sensor - that was enough- the X20 sold me.

Ordered from one of the Asian eBay camera shippers with a decent track record. Will be here within a week or two.

Now to get yet more winter shots with the X-E1 this week - Mid-March temps in the mid 20s Fahrenheit. :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. pniev

pniev Guest

Congratulations! We will be X20 buddies shortly. :friends:

So we will assess your 500 shots that you take in the first month. hehe. :dance4:

3. nippa

nippa FujiXspot Regular

Feb 26, 2013
    Cheshire UK
    Dennis
    I want one too but I'll wait for the price to drop unless I can pick one up cheaply this week.
    My only doubt is the way in which smooth areas like distant foliage and feathers are being smoothed rather a lot - even at Base ISO.
    Perhaps setting the NR to -2 will help but I want to see more samples of distant trees in poor daylight with sharpness retained to the left edge of the frame.

The camera seems to handle detail brilliantly ; it's the smooth areas that bother me. So come on guys get testing :)

4. speedandstyle

speedandstyle FujiXspot Regular

Since I didn't win the contest I will have to buy one. It will be a few months before I do but will keep dreaming until then.

5. carlb

carlb FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 6, 2013
    twin cities, minnesota
    Carl
    Hoisted on my own petard! Heh!

6. depscribe

depscribe FujiXspot Regular

Feb 17, 2013
    as of tomorrow, it will be two months since i preordered. have a new, fast 32-gig SD card here waiting for it, and a Marumi UV filter, and a hood, and an ACMAXX lcd protector, and a narrow domke strap. only thing that's missing . . .

7. yorik

yorik FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    Northern California
    Yonatan
    Out of curiosity - what hood do you (plan to) use with the x20?

8. carlb

carlb FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 6, 2013
    twin cities, minnesota
    Carl
    Don't know what hood yet ... But will probably get the 46mm adapter and start from there.

9. carlb

carlb FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 6, 2013
    twin cities, minnesota
    Carl
    Arriving today 10:30AM Fedex ... Silver as originally ordered. Stoked! Think I just have to call in to use a vacation day today.

Now where's that truck?!

10. pniev

pniev Guest

yeahh! :2thumbs:

11. White_Canvas

White_Canvas FujiXspot Regular

Jul 6, 2013
    Northern Ireland
    Great camera. Bought mine two weeks ago and it hasn't been out of my hands. As you can see from these images taken from the moment I switched it on until now.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/derekhall/sets/72157634516023080