Hello

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by puckpack, May 13, 2014.

1. puckpack

puckpack FujiXspot Regular

May 13, 2014
    Sean
    Hi,

I have been a member at the NEX site and the mu43 site too. Thought I would wander over and check out Fuji.

I currently have a Sony nex 5r but am looking to explore a new system. I was set to on getting a gx7 when I had enough money but am pausing to look at fuji.

My biggest hesitation is fuji lenses seem much more expensive than olympus/panasonic.

Don't mind me while I lurk around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Howdy puck pack and welcome to Fuji world AKA FujiXspot! We're glad to have you - and thanks for introducing yourself.:drinks:

3. puckpack

May 13, 2014
    Sean
    Thanks!:eek:

4. Phoenix

Phoenix Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    Hi and welcome Sean, I too started from the NEX site and has now settled in between here and S.C. Check out the Coffee with Rico's thread, it's quite a good resource for anyone thinking of shooting a Fuji.

• Like Like x 1
  5. puckpack

May 13, 2014
    Sean
    Thanks, Phoenix. I will definitely take a look. I really need to go to the local camera store and try something out.

I think all I can afford is the x-e1 right now. Would it be better to save for the rest of the year for the x-e2?

6. sometimesido

sometimesido New to FujiXspot

May 12, 2014
    If you are not shooting action all the time, I would suggest getting x-e1 and get a lens eith the money you saved.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

7. Phoenix

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    I think it's really "to each their own". I own and shoot an X-Pro 1, and it's renowned for its slow focus, poor manual focus, etc.. etc.. but it suits me just fine. I guess the prudent way to go would be have a look at an xe-1 and an xe-2, both in specs and have a play with it in a store, if the improvements in the xe-2 is something you definitely must have, then you might as well save for it, but if it’s something (that is good to have but) you really don’t need, then might as well save a bit of money and get an xe-1.

just my 2 cents

8. puckpack

May 13, 2014
    Sean
    Thanks again, Phoenix. That is my plan.

I generally shoot family events, kids, wildlife and landscapes.

I have some legacy lenses that I use on my nex, I assume they will work just as well on a Fuji body?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Phoenix

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix