Hello

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by joeradza, Feb 22, 2013.

1. joeradza

joeradza FujiXspot Regular

Feb 22, 2013
    So busy reading posts, that I just found the intro thread. I'm an old dog from NY who has spent some time in the Nevada Sierra's. I cut my teeth using a Leica IIIf, so all the "quirks" of the X100 seem laughable to me. Hope fujixspot prospers and we all have a "spot" to gather and enjoy our love of photography. Regards, Joe

• Like Like x 4
  2. spinyman

spinyman FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Valley Center,CA.
    Welcome Joe!
    I tend to agree with you about the quirks of the X100,but then again, we need something to talk about,right?

• Like Like x 1
  3. joeradza

Feb 22, 2013
    Thanks. What do they say "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"? I know I have a lot more quirks than the camera. I just shot 300 images of a friend's wedding as a guest. Auto A (f/2), auto Iso (1600-3200) and shutter about 1/30. Easily 75 quality images that I'll make into a book for him. I'm working on converting them to B & W. In all my years, none of my less quirky cameras could have pulled this off. Loving the X100.

Joe

• Like Like x 3
  4. the sardonic iconic

the sardonic iconic FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    NYC
    I feel the same about the X10's quirks, having to keep in mind a good deal of fairly arbitrary rules in order to get the best quality out of it... but I kinda like that aspect of it. :)

5. melonbread

melonbread FujiXspot Regular

Feb 10, 2013
    Melbourne
    welcome joe, I hope you enjoy your time here! :D. I like to call those quirks "Character"

• Like Like x 1
  6. joeradza

Feb 22, 2013
    Thanks. I know, as much as I like photography, I really love painters like Gauguin and Picasso. But, I hear you need talent to be a painter. What's up with that? LOL

Joe

7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Joe, I'll add my welcome here. I'm so glad you found your way here... There are a couple of us New Yawkers around. And as for X100 fans, I'd say more than just a few.:drinks:

8. Biro

Biro Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Joe... another metro-area native here. Do you prefer the Big City or Sierra Nevada? :)

9. joeradza

Feb 22, 2013
    Beautiful country out there, hard to earn a living, my oldest son born there, but, a born and bred NY'er. Retiree now always looking for peace and quiet.

• Like Like x 1