Hi from an X-E1 and X10 owner

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by NigelL, Jun 16, 2013.

1. NigelL

NigelL FujiXspot Regular

May 16, 2013
    Hi All,

As I've added a couple of images recently, I thought I'd better do the proper thing and introduce myself :) I'm a long time Canon dslr user, but felt the lure of Fuji firstly a year or so ago when I was bought an X10 as a special birthday present, and very recently decided that dslrs were no more for me, sold most of my Canon based equipment, and added a X-E1 + 18-55 to my Fuji collection :) I'm sure I'll add the 55-200 at some point, but for now I'm getting by with an adapted EF fit Sigma 10-20 wide angle zoom, which I rather enjoy using, and a Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro lens, which is proving a bit more of a challenge (when attached to a Canon body, it was by far the most rewarding lens in the collection).

I'm not sure if I'll be able to add much to the forum (apart from adding the occasional iffy photo), but if the opportunity arises where I can add something constructive, I'll be happy to do so.

Thanks,

Nigel

2. Mikey

Mikey FujiXspot Veteran

May 15, 2013
    Louisville, KY
    Welcome, Nigel! Hope you'd consider adding your photos to the monthly fave thread. :)

3. bilzmale

bilzmale FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 3, 2013
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill
    Hello Nigel and welcome.

4. pniev

pniev FujiXspot Veteran

May 13, 2013
    Hello Nigel,

Welcome! Interestingly, I entered the Fuji world also with the X10 as a birthday present! I used Nikon instead of Canon though. Used the Nikon 105mm macro and still regret selling that one.

Have a great time here. I am looking forward to your photos.

Peter

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Ronin-13 Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    Hi and welcome Nigel

6. NigelL

NigelL FujiXspot Regular

May 16, 2013
    Thanks for the warm welcome, folks, I think I might enjoy my time here :)

I believe I already have :)

Nigel

7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Nigel, you've already added to the forum - and here's a belated welcome aboard from me!

Although I'm not able to be around much these days, eventually I'll be hanging out more...and posting current photos - in the meantime I'm enjoying everyone's photographs including yours. So glad you found your way here!

8. NigelL

NigelL FujiXspot Regular

May 16, 2013
    BB, many thanks for the kind words and warm welcome, I'm glad to be here :)

Nigel