Hi from the Netherlands

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by AnnaPo, Jun 23, 2013.

1. AnnaPo

AnnaPo FujiXspot Rookie

Jun 22, 2013
    Drachten, The Netherlands
    Anna
    Hi, I am Anna and live in the Netherlands.
    I recently sold all my Canon gear and bought a Fuji X-E1 and some fuji lenses.
    I am very impressed of the quality of the images the Fuji makes and.... of the weight of the Fuji camera and lenses ;-)

2. romi.gilles

romi.gilles FujiXspot Top Veteran

May 17, 2013
    back in Crooklyn
    what type of photography do you do?

(Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk)

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Ronin-13 Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    Hi and welcome, share some of your images :thumbup:

4. AnnaPo

AnnaPo FujiXspot Rookie

Jun 22, 2013
    Anna
    First: sorry for my bad Englisch...I can read it very well, but explaining things is hard sometimes. And making jokes... hmm I would I could.. ;-) (In Dutch no problem but then I am the only one who do understand it...)

I like nature and landscape photography and I am very interested in street photography. But I do not have the guts to just shoot people.
    The only time I take photo's of people is at festivals like the Venice carnival and fantasy fairs.
    My husband is also an amateur photographer and we have a website: Digipixels
    I'll try to find out how I can get some pictures on this site...

5. pniev

pniev FujiXspot Veteran

May 13, 2013
    Anna,

Welcome to the forum. Good to hear someone else from the Netherlands joined!
    Nice site too.

I switched from Nikon to Fuji. It is a fun camera to use with impressive resuts, isn't it?

Have a good time here. I am looking forward to your photos.

Groeten uit Zuid-Holland,

Peter

6. bartjeej

bartjeej FujiXspot Regular

Mar 31, 2013
    Hi Anna, welcome from Rotterdam! I'm sure you'll enjoy FujiXSpot, and I'm looking forward to seeing your photos! :)
    How to post images: in the quick reply box, above the area where you can type, there're several icons. The second one from the right has an image of a tiiiny little tree. If you click it, you get 2 options for sharing an image: upload one from your PC, or provide a link to an image hosted elsewhere (you'll need a link ending with .jpg or .jpeg).

7. AnnaPo

AnnaPo FujiXspot Rookie

Jun 22, 2013
    Anna
    Thanks All! Bart thanks for the explanation! here my first attempt to upload a photo:

DSCF0900.

8. AnnaPo

AnnaPo FujiXspot Rookie

Jun 22, 2013
    Anna
    Ha ha, it worked!! ;-) It is a Puffin. (crop)
    We've been to Isle of Mull in Scotland. Visited also some tiny islands like Staffa and Lunga.
    On Lunga there are puffins in june and july.
    The puffins are sitting nearby and I took many photo's with the 18-55 and cropped photo's. Still waiting for the 55-200.....

9. NigelL

NigelL FujiXspot Regular

May 16, 2013
    That's a lovely shot of a Puffin, Anna, welcome to the forum :)

Nigel

10. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Anna, welcome and thanks so much for your Puffins, too! I first saw your photos on the Birds thread. Glad to have you hear and please don't give your English skills a second thought - we're a big mixed up group from all over the world and very glad you found your way here. :friends:

Congrats on your Fuji XE1 - and your trip!

11. marlof

marlof FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 18, 2013
    Well done, Anna. And feel free to throw in some Dutch whenever you'd like to. You'd be amazed how many will be able to understand what you say. ;-)

12. bartjeej

bartjeej FujiXspot Regular

Mar 31, 2013
    great shot, I always liked those birds (when I was a child I was sort of obsessed with birds - and wildlife in general for that matter). If I'm not mistaken their Dutch name is Papegaaiduiker (translates to Parrot Diver)?

13. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Parrot Diver looks perfect!

14. AnnaPo

AnnaPo FujiXspot Rookie

Jun 22, 2013
    Anna
    Thanks for the warm welcome! Nice to hear you like my parrot divers......;-)
    The dutch name is right Bart: papegaaiduiker. I think google translate will translate this in parrot diver