Hoping for addition lens info support on X-bodies

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by bobbywise, Mar 16, 2013.

1. bobbywise

bobbywise FujiXspot Regular

Feb 15, 2013
    Nantes
    Robert Wisbey
    I know there are EXIF editors out there, but I'd love to be able to have the full lens data written at the source when the image was taken. I'm thinking of contacting the fuji guys so they push for the following functionality in one of the firmware updates (or in their next gen X-bodies that they release):
    • the ability to define the aperture size used on the legacy lens
    • the ability to create lens names that are stored on the camera, which you can select

Better still, combining the above two points, when you define a lens name, you could configure with that lens all its available aperture sizes. Then when you want to define the current aperture size used for that lens, you would simply the rotate the small dial where the different apertures for that lens would be displayed, and you'd select the value that you currently have manually set on the lens.

I think the ergonomics of his would work well. Imagine you change he aperture, you'd just then need to rotate the dial to the new aperture value set on the lens.

Everything would then be written to the EXIF data when you took the shot.

Maybe I'm dreaming, but who knows -- Fujifilm might implement this if there were enough people asking :D

2. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    I like the idea but I can't imagine Fuji making the investment to write that kind of specification into their firmware when all it does is further encourage people to adapt lenses to the X-mount bodies rather than buy the dedicated lenses. Its one thing to enable things like focus peaking because they can be used with both native and adapted lenses.