Hopping over from SC.com

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by bartjeej, Mar 31, 2013.

1. bartjeej

bartjeej FujiXspot Regular

Mar 31, 2013
    Hi all!

I'm bartjeej, real name bart, from Holland. I've been a SeriousCompacts.com member for about 2.5 years now, and yesterday I bought a used Fuji X100 (also have a Samsung EX1 and WB750). I read a LOT of reviews, for months on end, to decide on the perfect camera for me, and I found there's no such thing. I think there're better cameras out there than the X100, but at this moment in time, the X100 is as close to what I need as I can get. So far, I love it to bits :)

I'll probably do most of my posting on Serious Compacts, but it's nice to have a large group of knowledgeable and enthusiastic Fuji X users here, too :)

2. spinyman

spinyman FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Valley Center,CA.
    Bart,
    Why not post on both sites? The X100 is a wonderful camera.

3. bartjeej

Mar 31, 2013
    I do plan to post on this site too, but those posts will probably be a bit less frequent - even if only because 2 of my 3 cameras aren't Fuji's!

Also, I already spend wayyyyy too much of my valuable time reading and posting in the daily stream of "small talk" (and "small photography", coining it) on SC.com. If I double that to FXS.com, I'll never get my thesis done so I'll probably (try to?) limit myself a bit to "big(ish) talk" and "big(ish) photography"... well that's the plan, anyway! :p

4. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    Bart congrats on your new (to you) Fuji X100! I'm really glad you are going to bounce between the two sites. You need the respite from that thesis!:biggrin_old:

5. Armanius

Armanius FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    Welcome aboard Bart!

6. bartjeej

Mar 31, 2013
    Thanks guys :)
    BB, the way things are currently going, it's more like the thesis is respite from SC.com (and its siblings)... but I like your way of reasoning better :biggrin_old: