How does one store unused/retired digital equipment?

Discussion in 'Fuji X-Mount Cameras' started by Peter Chin, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Peter Chin

Peter Chin FujiXspot Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    Is it good enough to just return them to it's original packaging? I'm retiring my XP1 and X100 and putting my XT1 and X100s into duty :)

Thanks...not quite sure if digital cameras can be just packed away as the old film camera...i do have to monthly work the shutters on my MF gear though, hoping the blades on the digital cameras "won't" need that?

2. mguffin

mguffin FujiXspot Regular

Apr 10, 2013
    New Jersey
    Mike
    I store all of my unused/retired gear on eBay. It's great. You send it away, and you get cash back, so you can go buy more gear. Then, one day when you say to yourself, 'Boy, I wish I hadn't sold that...', you just buy it back.

• Like Like x 2
  3. demiro

demiro FujiXspot Regular

Jan 31, 2013
    PA-USA
    Dean
    Glad to hear I am not the only that does that Mike. The X100 mentioned in the OP is a particularly difficult camera to rid myself of. Buy/Sell/Miss/Buy/Sell/Miss...it's a vicious cycle that only benefits the USPS.

4. Peter Chin

Peter Chin FujiXspot Regular

Feb 2, 2013
    lol, i'm a bad seller...one day my collected stuff will be priceless but i'll be dead by then :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. yakky

yakky FujiXspot Regular

Dec 18, 2013
    Twice in a year I've repurchased cameras I sold.... good thing they were a bit cheaper on the second purchase.

6. kaito

kaito FujiXspot Regular

May 12, 2014
    Wiltshire UK
    Dave
    Funny thing that, you generally don't regret selling it until you have to buy it again. :dash2:

• Like Like x 1
  7. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 8, 2013
    NW corner of CT
    BB
    I have several semi-retired digital cameras...and I put them into their semi-retirement by "lending" them to my daughter, and then "borrowing" them back.

Loved the eBay send away retirement home, Mike!:biggrin_old: