I Love Monochrome

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by namesbams, Dec 13, 2013.

1. namesbams

namesbams FujiXspot Rookie

Sep 9, 2013
    Surabaya, Indonesia
    Bambang Sutrisno
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Hi Bambang,

Nice images but I am struggling to understand your logic - you want Fuji to introduce a monochrome camera but you don't like their mono rendition...?

3. namesbams

Sep 9, 2013
    Surabaya, Indonesia
    Bambang Sutrisno
    Thanks Bill

Yes i don't like the BW filter from Fuji, but in my logic if they make monochrome specialized camera maybe they can make better BW rendition. Actually i dont really know what i'm wishing for, haha.. Maybe it's just my frustration because i can't afford Leica Monochrome :D

4. petach

petach FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 16, 2013
    I just cannot see the point of a mono camera......period! But we are in a democracy, save up and buy one and see if you end up taking 2 cameras out with you :0)

Ignore me.......I must be a philistine, or I wish I could afford one and nay say it because I cannot.

Actually......the amount I have spent in 2 years on cameras; I could have got one!!!!!

5. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. FujiXspot Veteran

Jan 31, 2013
    Albuquerque, NM
    I love black and white, too; it is why I took up photography.

But about Fuji and monochrome images, I was thinking very much the opposite of you just yesterday when, looking over the black and white images I extracted from my X100 raw files, I thought, "I really should never have sold that camera". And then started thinking about getting another. Processing the raw files in Lightroom and Topaz B&W Effects (Any good b&W converter will undoubtedly do), I was able to get black and white images very much to my liking, with creamy tonal transitions that seemed to me quite specific to the camera. A couple of shots I was pleased with below:

DSCF2676-Edit-X2.

DSCF2416-Editfinal-X2.

• Like Like x 3
  6. namesbams

Sep 9, 2013
    Surabaya, Indonesia
    Bambang Sutrisno
    Maybe i could afford Leica M or value MF like Pentax 645D if only i had a little patience for saving, but D800, Ricoh GR and Fuji XE1 are too tempting to be ignored that is why i choose to spent rather than saving :D

nice BW Bill, have you ever tried Silver Efex Pro and Replichrome preset for LR? They are great BW converter in my opinion, i'm sure you should try it :)