Contest: Show Your Favorite Photo and Win Scott Kelby's LR3 book courtesy of Pelao!

BBW

Legend
Name
BB
Pelao has suggested that we have a contest here at Serious Compacts and generously offered Scott Kelby's Lightroom 3 book as a prize to the winner! This is an extremely helpful book, to that I can attest: The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter)http://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=seriocompa-20&l=as2&o=1&a=0321700910&camp=217145&creative=399349" width="1" height="1" border="0" alt="" style="border:none !important; margin:0px !important;" /> Thank you, Pelao!

We all have favorites, so now it's everyone's turn to choose their [I]own[/I] favorite photograph - [I]just one[/I] - and post it here for a vote that will take place as outlined below. The winner will receive Scott Kelby's book courtesy of Pelao.

The contest begins now, Wednesday April 20th and **[B]will now run through Saturday, April 30thh and end at 8:00AM, Eastern Standard Time (New York time)[/B]. We'll use a poll for voting and the poll will remain available through Monday, May 2nd, and close at 8:00AM, EST/New York time. *Comments are perfectly fine within this thread.

So comb through those photographs, or make a new favorite. I know it's hard to choose, but we know you can do it.:drinks:

[I][B]**Please note the time and date change for entries![/B][/I]

A Rose

Shot with the L1 DSLR with Oly 50/f2 macro (In my garden) :)
PP in LR3 (What else would you use) ;)

1148845388_3ELEz-XL.jpg

I think we should be allowed to post comments. The voting will be on a poll anyway.
With such nice images, it's hard to be silent.
I hand this to BB to make the final decision....

Absolutely, I don't know what we were thinking when we said Images Only, after all these are our favorite photographs. I'll strike that "guideline" from the top post now.

Let the commenting continue!:2thumbs:

From last year's PAD project on mu-43, this image remains my personal favourite from the set. I absolutely loved the atmosphere, sights and sounds of the Edinburgh Fringe and this picture just evokes my memories of this happy time.

4890987183_97e915f949_b.jpg

The girl on the statue was captured with my e-pl1 and pan 45-200mm lens. I know its not the sharpest, but still I love this image.

Just a note here to say, that even if you have Scott Kelby's book - you are welcome to enter the contest by posting your own favorite image. If the winner of the contest (in votes) has Scott Kelby's very helpful book, then the next runner-up will be the lucky one to receive Pelao's book prize.(y)

Duane, your photograph hasn't showed up. I'm sending you a "PM" - private message, too. Check your notifications which are way up at the top right hand corner.

*All fixed now!:2thumbs:

Is it really possible that those of us who've posted are the only members here who have a favorite of amongst our own photographs?

When it comes to taking a look through one's own photos, I think it must be impossible not to have several that you're in love with... Yes, "in love with". And if you don't really feel that way, then at least you must have some that mean something special to you. If so, please add them here before the close this Friday, April 29th at 6PM.:friends:

Back