Infrared

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by Bill Allsopp, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Bill Allsopp

Bill Allsopp FujiXspot Rookie

Jan 22, 2016
    Leicestershire
    Bill Allsopp
    Infrared photography is an area I have wanted to get into for some time. Now it is happening and I love it. I bought a Fuji X-E1 and had it converted by Advanced Camera Services in Norfolk with an 830 nm filter. It was a cracking job and the results just make me want to go out again and again.

Here are some sample images, there are more at www.billallsopp.com my dedicated IR and Mono website and if anyone has questions shout out; I will answer if I can.

billa20160831031.

billa20160910022-Panoedit.

billa20160913022.

billa20160914003.

billa20160918007.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Phoenix

Phoenix Ronin-13 Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    Very nicely done.

• Like Like x 1
  3. KillRamsey

KillRamsey Super Moderator

Feb 15, 2013
    Hood River, OR
    Kyle
    Those are some of the nicest IR shots I've seen in awhile. I don't always love the effect, but you use it really well here.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Britanica

Britanica FujiXspot Veteran

Sep 22, 2016
    Britanica
    I will be honest, I normally am not a fan of infrared shots at all but a few of these are so beautiful, I just had to tell you. The one with the trees by the water bank/river is my favorite. It is almost eerie and Goth like yet has a wonderful fairy tale undertone. I've personally never worked with IR shooting so I am no expert, but these are wonderful.

5. ksocha

ksocha New to FujiXspot

Aug 13, 2016
    Ken Socha
    These are good. May I ask if you are using a standard infrared filter? Of one the type that allows some color through (all the way up to full spectrum)?

6. zpuskas

zpuskas FujiXspot Regular Subscribing Member

Dec 18, 2013
    Santa Barbara, CA
    ZPuskas
    Very nicely done. I love the effect and now I'm thinking I should get back to IR again (did it in the film age).

7. Bill Allsopp

Bill Allsopp FujiXspot Rookie

Jan 22, 2016
    Leicestershire
    Bill Allsopp
    I am sorry to be a long while replying ksocha. I have just moved house and am without internet a lot of the time. These were not taken using a screw on IR filter but a camera converted to include an 830nm filter.