Intro from mft

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by TNcasual, Feb 1, 2017.

1. TNcasual

TNcasual FujiXspot Rookie

Feb 1, 2017
    I am a regular over on mu-43.com forums. I have been shooting with an E-M10 and E-M5 for a couple of years now.

This week, though, I have some Fuji equipment coming. I purchased a used X-E2 with an XF 35 2 lens. I also ordered a dumb adapter to use my Leica R mount lenses on the X-E2. I use them regularly on my OMDs. I can't wait for the deliveries!!!

I look forward to using/learning this new equipment and hopefully sharing some results.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BobbyT

BobbyT Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    Bobby Tingle
    Welcome

3. TonyTurley

TonyTurley FujiXspot Veteran

May 2, 2016
    Tony
    Greetings. I recognize your screen name from my time at mu-43. I enjoy using manual lenses on my Fujis, too. Mine are Minolta and Pentax K mount.

4. bs1946

bs1946 FujiXspot Rookie

Mar 12, 2016
    I went from Fuji, X-E1 and X-A1, to MFT for several years. Had an E-M10 with an EPL-5 and later replaced the EPL-5 with a GM5. But I missed Fuji and returned. Now I have an X-E2 with the 23mm f1.4 and 14mm f2.8 plus an X100T. After I was sure that returning to Fuji was the right move for me, I sold all of my MFT gear.

5. TNcasual

Feb 1, 2017
    I am testing out the Fuji to see how I like it. At this point I don't see getting rid of the mft equipment. There are things I can do with it that I cannot do with the Fuji. But it is always fun to play with new toys.

6. rayvonn

rayvonn FujiXspot Regular

Jan 6, 2016
    As an initial m43 user I know the spot you're in too (that feeling of a nailed shot with the Oly 75 is one of life's pleasures). I just thought Fuji would be better for legacy lenses so got an X-T1 when it's price went low as a result of the X-T2 getting released. Yes, the muscle memory will have to change. But my main tip from one M43 user to another; buy Iridient Developer and process your first raw files with it - that's when you'll think to yourself "wow, this Fuji lark's pretty good".

7. drd1135

drd1135 FujiXspot Regular

Oct 3, 2013
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Welcome to another part of Amin's empire. I'm trying to run both mu43 and Fuji systems. One change is that Fuji is now running a line of somewhat more inexpensive WR lenses at F2. To me this directly addresses one of the the advantages of Mu43.

8. TNcasual

Feb 1, 2017
    I was pleasantly surprised when I received the X-E2 and 35 f2. They were much more compact and lightweight than I was expecting.