Is the 35mm 1.4 the best X-Mount Lens?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by hcreatives, Feb 8, 2013.

1. hcreatives

hcreatives FujiXspot Regular

I received my X-Pro 1 along with the 35 mm 1.4 back in April 2012 and have constantly had the body/lens combo everywhere I go, while the 18mm and 60mm have mostly been left in the bag. I have fallen in love with my X, and my Nikon DSLR's have been collecting dust...literally. ;) The X-gears has brought excitement back into my photography by slowing me down. It even brought new life to my Nikon 50mm f/1.4D AF via the Kipon adapter.

I have a collection of SOOC JPEG images that I started posting this year using primarily the 35mm Fujinon: http://xlove.hcreatives.com

What do you think is the best X-Mount lens (to include other lenses via 3rd-party adapters) and why? (Feel free to include sample shots). :)

2. jazzyfingers

jazzyfingers New to FujiXspot

Feb 6, 2013
    Have to agree with you - the 35mm is rarely off my X-E1. But I do like the 60mmm macro...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Near Philadephila
    I think the "best" lens is the lens in the focal length you're most comfortable with. I have the 18 and 35 and while I think the 35 is probably better optically, the 18 is on my camera at least 95% of the time. So far, all of them are really good with the 35 probably the best optically and the 18 the fastest in terms of auto-focus. The zoom sounds really good too, if you're into zooms. I don't know if I'll buy any future lenses for the X-Pro - maybe the 23mm or I may sell the whole bunch and just get the X100s with the 28mm lens adapter. Not sure. But to me, "best" lenses always equate to which focal length(s) I like the most.

-Ray

• Like Like x 1