Fuji Help needed - which adapter + filter to fit in SC-X100 case ?

Wolf

Veteran
As posted earlier, I finally decided to go for the X100.
I'm getting a SC-X100 case with the X100 for "free".
So my question is which extension + 49mm filter do I have to get to make sure it will fit in the case ? (I don't want to leave the lens unproteced)

I found this on the net, but I can't find the exact extension type on ebay (uk).
Fuji Finepix X100 Filter and Case Solution | Prophecyblur.com

Could anybody let me know which ebay items are good for my needs ?

the case fits the camera perfectly. I don't think you can fit a lens hood on WITH the case. I use the case if there a chance for rain, otherwise I leave the case hone and use the lens hood adapter......the lens is protected either way.

the case fits the camera perfectly. I don't think you can fit a lens hood on WITH the case. I use the case if there a chance for rain, otherwise I leave the case hone and use the lens hood adapter......the lens is protected either way.

yes there is, see the link :)

i just want to add a filter, not a sun hood (i know that would be too big for the case)

Wolf, here is a handy dandy thread for you: https://www.photographerslounge.org/f87/adapter-lens-hood-filters-how-more-2364/ in which all the X100 folks have chimed in. I ended up with B&W UV MRC slim filter...which just happens to come with a plastic lens cap that sticks right on, and the whole thing will still fit inside the Fuji case - that said, it works perfectly with the original Fuji lens cover, as well...and does still fit in Fuji's full case, too.

Wolf, here is a handy dandy thread for you: https://www.photographerslounge.org/f87/adapter-lens-hood-filters-how-more-2364/ in which all the X100 folks have chimed in. I ended up with B&W UV MRC slim filter...which just happens to come with a plastic lens cap that sticks right on, and the whole thing will still fit inside the Fuji case - that said, it works perfectly with the original Fuji lens cover, as well...and does still fit in Fuji's full case, too.

thanks

I already saw that topic but didn't find an answer

But one question (and actually the main problem)
which adapter do you use to make the B&W uv mrc filter fit on the X100?
You can't just pop a 49mm on a X100 without an extension I imagine ?

I'll contact the ebay member that somebody quoted above, but ofc i'm not sure if he will still sell the item...

You just need an 49mm extension ring (or you can use a 49mm filter with the glass busted out) and then attach the B & W filter on the end of that. Basically, you just need a little space for the lens to move in and out while it focuses (so it doesn't hit the filter). That the point of the spacer. Am I understanding your set-up correctly BB?

I have the Fuji lens hood and adapter and my slim B&W filter fits on to the adapter ring. Sorry, I should have made that clear and blame early morning without enough coffee for my response to Wolf not realizing he wasn't going to use that adapter.:redface: Mea culpa!

P.S. Bob/Landshark just happens to be selling a X100 lens hood and adapter: https://www.photographerslounge.org...apter-ring-x100-camera-silver-7173/#post67278

So if i buy the Fuji (or JJC ?) adapter and add a slim b&w it should fit in the official fuji case ?

So if i buy the Fuji (or JJC ?) adapter and add a slim b&w it should fit in the official fuji case ?
**Yes, to the Fuji one but not perfectly with the Fuji lens cap on...though truth be told I don't ever walk around with the whole case on it...I do, however, feel fine about putting the full case on it along with the Fuji lens cap and putting it in my camera bag if I am not using it. I believe David/Burkey has the JJC version - you could drop him a private message.

Back