July 23rd Fuji X Mount Firmware Updates

Discussion in 'Fuji X-Mount Cameras' started by drewbot, Jun 24, 2013.

1. drewbot

drewbot FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    Toronto
    Per DPReview (see Fujifilm updates X-Pro1 and X-E1 firmware for lens compatibility: Digital Photography Review), the X-Pro 1 and X-E1 will feature an updated AF algorithm which claims to increase AF speed.

Also, note that focus peak highlights will be implemented to the X-Pro1 and X-E1.

Good to see Fuji updating the operation of their cameras through firmware, and not simply refreshing hardware with that said software change.

Although I did get rid of my X-E1 recently, it's good to see progress for the X system. It will be interesting to see what the X-Pro 2 will have...

Cheers

2. Phoenix

Phoenix Ronin-13 Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    I want to see how the firmware updates will perform.

3. drewbot

drewbot FujiXspot Regular

Feb 1, 2013
    Toronto
    I'm sure some Asian blog will feature side-by-side comparisons before it reaches the public.

Hopefully, Fuji Guys will have a good video showing the new stuff too - I really appreciate their stuff.

4. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    So do I.

5. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    They would need two sets of cameras and lenses (each with old and new firmware) to gauge the actual differences.
    Incidentally, I have already 4 bodies and 10 lenses allocated for just that endeavor. Then again, I'm not "some Asian blog".

6. jloden

jloden FujiXspot Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    From the June 25th update:

This. Is. Awesome.

That and the peaking coming on the July update and AF speed improvements is pretty huge for me. That's two of my biggest wishlist items for the X-E1!

7. pniev

pniev FujiXspot Veteran

May 13, 2013
    A big thing indeed! Just performed the firmware upgrade and the Focus Frame Selection works perfectly. I am very happy. I would have "extremely very happy" when the minimum shutter speed setting implementation would have implemented as well. But ok, "very happy" will do for today!!

For now, I've decided to allocate the focus frame selection to the Fn button and ISO-selection to the selector_down. Q-menu works for others.

8. NigelL

NigelL FujiXspot Regular

May 16, 2013
    I'm very much looking forward to the focus peaking update - trying to focus an adapted macro lens at 1:1 and preset to f/11 is proving a bit of a challenge at the moment!

Nigel

9. Hyubie

Hyubie FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    Weymouth, MA
    Will be updating today. Yahoo for my FD lenses!! And faster autofocus?? Yum-o. Will try to give an update once I install the update.

Sent from my iPad

10. Hyubie

Hyubie FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 4, 2013
    Weymouth, MA
    Ok I misread. Those will be coming in July. :-( well at least they're coming.

Sent from my iPad

11. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Blimey... Roll on 23rd July, that's all I can say... :cool:

12. Phoenix

Phoenix Ronin-13 Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    I just installed the June 25 firmware upgrade, the Fn2 is a welcome addition, but for the life of me I can't make the dof preview to work.

13. jloden

jloden FujiXspot Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Just installed the update myself. Really happy about the AF area selection, this just took away my single biggest ergonomics gripe about this camera :)

Now if I could *just* get auto-ISO minimum shutter speed and/or exposure comp in manual mode + Auto-ISO and I'd have hardly anything left to complain about, hahaha.

14. pniev

pniev FujiXspot Veteran

May 13, 2013
    Same here. I thought it was me..

15. NigelL

NigelL FujiXspot Regular

May 16, 2013
    Unless I'm missing something, DOF preview still works for me exactly as it did before the latest update ie a half press of the shutter button operates the preview.

Nigel

16. Armanius

Armanius FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    Why not allow all four directional buttons to be used as customizable function buttons???

17. flysurfer

flysurfer X-Pert

Feb 1, 2013
    Nuremberg
    Rico Pfirstinger
    They are used otherwise (macro, program shift). Only arrow down was free. I asked Fuji to turn that into Fn2 (and to include AF selection as an Fn option). Strangely, they did just that.

18. pniev

pniev FujiXspot Veteran

May 13, 2013
    It's when you assign the function to the Fn (or selector_down) button.

19. PCPhil

PCPhil New to FujiXspot

Mar 2, 2013
    Tamworth, UK
    Phil
    Hi Flysurfer,
    Noticed you seem to be around here a bit and talk to Fuji. I had an idea for an enhancement the other day whilst out with my X-Pro and 18-55 that I rather like. What do you think?

When using the 18-55 on an X-Pro the OVF (without the hood) is actually very good. Only problem being that you have to long hold on the lever to change the OVF view as you zoom in/out. If the OVF would switch automatically at approx 33mm then this would be ideal. Give it a go and tell me what you think

20. NigelL

NigelL FujiXspot Regular

May 16, 2013
    Ah, apologies, I was missing something, it looks like I need to get my eyes tested (again!). For the record, assigning the function to the selector down button seems to work for me (press once to activate, press again to de-activate).

Nigel