July 23rd New Fuji Firmware

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Tdp, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Tdp

Tdp Guest

2. bilzmale

bilzmale FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 3, 2013
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill
    Been waiting for this.

3. Phoenix

Phoenix Ronin-13 Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    I've just finished installing the new firmware, so far

-I found that the focusing speed has been made a lot faster (I was quite happy with it before, but I personally find that this firmware upgrade has made it really good), I found it to be more accurate as well.

-The focusing sound seems to be a bit noisier than it was before (it's probably just me)

-The focus peaking combined with the image magnification does make manual focusing easier, however I still find the focus peaking with Sony NEX cameras more accurate and can be used for manual focusing lenses even without the help of image magnification.

I'm really happy that Fuji releases firmware updates often to further improve their products, however I am still wishing the would include a selectable minimum shutter speed, maybe next time ;)

4. Christilou

Christilou FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Just downloading this, it seems to be taking a loooong time! Having trouble doing this, tried twice and only got 1mb or 2 mb before it stops loading.

5. bilzmale

bilzmale FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 3, 2013
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill
    The camera f/w is about 35Mb. Took 25mins on my 256Kbs connection (I exceeded my limit and suffering 'shaping').

6. Luke

Luke FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    it's been so long since I've done an update on a Fuji I may have forgotten how.

7. Christilou

Christilou FujiXspot Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    I tried several times with both Safari and Firefox and eventually managed to get the whole thing however, now my computer is confused and won't let me copy it to the SD card :( It says it can't open the app because the file has moved. When I check my downloads there's nothing there but in my little downloads box on my iMac, it's still there...... I made sure to trash all other versions but still I can't open this.

8. Gary

Gary FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 15, 2013
    SoCal
    Gary
    My download time was about 7 minutes. This upgrade is well worth the effort. Don't forget to upgrade the firmware on your lenses as well.

Gary

9. Gary

Feb 15, 2013
    SoCal
    Gary
    Christine, you don't have to open the file. Just drag it from your download folder to the desktop, then drag it to the SD card or just drag it directly to your SD card.

10. Gary

Feb 15, 2013
    SoCal
    Gary
    Download update to desktop then drag update to SD card. Insert SD card into camera then turn-on camera while depressing the "Disp Back" button. Then follow the promps.

Gary

11. Tdp

Tdp Guest

12. Tdp

Tdp Guest

^ Oh, shot with my XE1/XF35 tonight after the firmware updates. For the record, A vodka mojito is NOT as good as a real rum mojito.

13. Luke

Luke FujiXspot Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    It's awfully early here for a drink, Tdp. But it would be rude to turn down your offer. :alcoholic:

14. Gary

Feb 15, 2013
    SoCal
    Gary
    mmmmh ... mojitos. I planted a lime tree just so I can make mojitos from the backyard.

15. Tdp

Tdp Guest

That is thinking ahead Gary. Just be careful planting mint out of a pot, once that stuff gets comfortable in the yard it almost becomes an overpowering weed...

16. Gary

Feb 15, 2013
    SoCal
    Gary
    I already have the mint. It can get a bit unwieldy, lol. Actually I have three types of mint.

17. Gary

Feb 15, 2013
    SoCal
    Gary
    It has invaded the rose garden, but I figure I will just have to make more mojitos.

18. Tdp

Tdp Guest

You could create Mojito Rose by adding a few pedals of rose and perhaps a tad bit of grenadine to a regular Mojito. Might catch on.

I once used single malt for a Mojito (I ran out of rum and I will never run out of single malt scotch) and it was quite good.

19. cherrywood

cherrywood FujiXspot Regular

Feb 24, 2013
    Ohio
    Hello Gary, do I have to up date the XE1 from its current version of 1.04 to 1.05 then to 1.06 then to this version or can I just go to this latest july 23 version skipping the 05 06 versions.?
    Thanks in advance.
    Dennis

20. Gary

Feb 15, 2013
    SoCal
    Gary
    I don't have an X-E1 ... but I think it is sequential.