Just got the XT1

Discussion in 'Fuji X-Mount Cameras' started by elandel, Apr 16, 2017.

1. elandel

elandel FujiXspot Regular

Feb 4, 2014
    Hi all. Greetings for a very Happy Easter.
    A couple of days ago I bought a used XT1 in mint condition. Sold my Sony A7II (didn't bond with it) and I must say I'm very happy. Finally I'm enjoying photography again!

Maybe Tuesday I can also get a XT20. Keep it or not.
    My only lens in the 27mm. Next one the 18-55 and lookind (when money comes) to the 10-24mm.

If you were me would you sell the XT1 and keep the XT-20 or sell the XT20 or...keep both but I must fund the lenses.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Matero

Matero FujiXspot Regular

Jan 28, 2014
    Helsinki, Finland
    Keep the X-T1 and fund couple primes, e.g. 35mm and 56mm and 55-200 zoom. There you have very capable set.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mike G

Mike G FujiXspot Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 7, 2016
    London
    Mike Gorman
    Matero, is quite right!

4. elandel

Feb 4, 2014
    Thanks for your suggestions.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix Ronin-13 Subscribing Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix
    Hi and welcome :Welcome:

You're in good company.

6. elandel

Feb 4, 2014
    Thanks.

7. elandel

Feb 4, 2014
    What I'M trying to figure out is if the XT20 is so much better that it is worth keeping it over the XT1. AF is not a concern for me but is the iq so much better on the XT2/XT20 over the first series?

8. rayvonn

rayvonn FujiXspot Regular

Jan 6, 2016
    Good on you, I got an X-T1 just as the X-T2 was released. I do have other gear, but its getting into the X-T1 and its ecosystem that has made me more appreciate photography generally. In that regard, after using it over a period of time, I don't hanker after an X-T2, let alone an X-T20 and I agree with previous comments about investing in lenses instead. There is an evil and unrelenting desire for an X100F though and its really irritating me but that's a separate issue.

9. elandel

Feb 4, 2014
    Yes I understand the desire for an X100F

10. mikEm13

mikEm13 FujiXspot Regular

Feb 7, 2017
    I really don't see much of a difference in IQ between the two if any. Some like the color rendering better from the processor in the X-T1. As far as AF goes the X-T20 doesn't have all of the features of the X-T2. I personally like the way the X-T1 feels in my hand better then the X-T20. I also agree with keeping the X-T1 and buying more glass. Good luck with your decision.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. elandel

Feb 4, 2014
    Thanks. As soon as I'll have it I'M going to see how it feels in my hands but I have a feeling that the XT1 is preferred.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BobbyT

BobbyT Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    Bobby Tingle
    Welcome and congrats on finding a camera system you really enjoy.

I agree with the sentiments above on keeping the X-T1. Then figure out which lenses you like the best. Which will not be easy with Fuji as they make excellent lenses. Even their lowest line, the XC lenses, are good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. rayvonn

rayvonn FujiXspot Regular

Jan 6, 2016
    Because of the their quality, I find picking the lens(es) to go with your ILC to be a real problem. A nice problem but very very difficult.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. BobbyT

BobbyT Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2013
    Louisville, Ky
    Bobby Tingle
    Also, the Fuji lenses hold a good resale value on the used market. I sell and buy depending on the needs of what I am, and will be shooting. Also, once a year, usually in the winter when things are slower, I evaluate my shooting to see where changes need to made. Since the Fuji lens prices stay constant. Knowing what I can sell and buy for on the used market really helps there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. porchard

porchard FujiXspot Regular

Feb 3, 2013
    Devon, UK
    IMO, this is MUCH more important than the relatively minor differences in the technical image quality between these cameras.

16. elandel

Feb 4, 2014
    Well now I'M enjoying photography as never before but it has been a long, long journey to here. I tried nearly all brands and only with Nikon I enjoyed shooting but then other factors came into the equation and I left it.
    Now, finally, I'M happy with shooting. Maybe because I'M an old school boy since I started in 1964 with film.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Matero

Matero FujiXspot Regular

Jan 28, 2014
    Helsinki, Finland
    Sounds familiar, been there, done that. Although I started with film a little bit later than '64. But same frustration from film era to digital, and trying to find brand and equipment to get the connection. And then I found Fuji through short visit in m43 w/ Olympus. And now there is joy again in photography.

• Like Like x 1
  18. elandel

Feb 4, 2014

I understand you. I tried pretty much all brands from Samsung to Sony and spent a lot of money.:shakehead::eek-42::eek-42:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. unstable_rider

unstable_rider FujiXspot Regular

Apr 2, 2017
    USA Minnesota
    Paul
    Congrats on your purchase!

The 16 MP Fuji sensor is remarkable. I have had image files output to canvas that are 25" X 30" without loss or difficulty.

20. elandel

Feb 4, 2014
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 1