Kalahari Bags & Straps

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Mycenius, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Mycenius

Mycenius FujiXspot Rookie

Jan 13, 2015
    Auckland, NZ
    Anyone ever used any of the Kalahari Bags & Accessories (from Germany)? Any comments, advice, opinions based on experience?

Am looking for a nice compact shoulder bag that I can 'quick draw' my X-E2 out of and also carry 1-2 extra lenses, waterbottle, and some small accessories... Also a stylish or retro look would be an added bonus!

Was thinking something like their Orapa K-21, Molopo K-41i or Mata Mata K-6 (think the Mata Mata K-11 is a tad large for what I need) and a Kaama leather carrying strap (for the wrist)...

As an aside the Kapako K-35 & especially the Kapako K-31 are damn cool bags - having seen them in person!

2. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
  3. Mycenius

Jan 13, 2015
    Auckland, NZ
    Thanks Bill. So you've used a 'Stephen' yourself?

FWIW I was also looking at this SS05 Canvas Vintage Camera Shoulder Bag on EBay as well that was mentioned by a couple of people on Fuji Forums (can't recall if this one or another).

4. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Feb 2, 2013
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Sadly not, but I know a friend who has. It seems to be well-made and flexible.

5. teefin1

teefin1 FujiXspot Regular

Mar 1, 2013
    Tenba-1. kalahari-2.

I have a Kalahari bag Mycenius. Lovely little thing I bought from Amazon UK a couple of years ago. Its the one I used to take out to the zoo etc when I had milc gear. I really like it. I see from the website that they do all sorts of cool styles too! I use a Tenba now, which has a zipper for quick access, and lots of pockets and inserts etc and come in a multitude of sizes, though not quite as attractive :)

6. Mycenius

Jan 13, 2015
    Auckland, NZ
    Thanks Bill & TF1. :)

7. Mycenius

Jan 13, 2015
    Auckland, NZ
    FYI Update: I ended up going with the Kalahari Orapa K-21 which looks about right for me (As I will have my X-E2 out slung over other shoulder 90% of the time it's primarily needing to fit 14mm & 56mm extra lenses, waterbottle, few small accessories, wee mini-tripod, and hopefully a snack or two - without bulging at the seams - and be able to squeeze the X-E2 & 35mm in at a pinch if needed)! It arrived yesterday so looking forward to giving it it's first run at the weekend (I hope).