Choices

Alf

Top Veteran
Almost decided: 90% it's for the GX1 for the sensor and the available darkness shooting, I'm just waiting for it to become available where I live.
My 20/1.7 will be ready when it arrives.

This leaves me with this choice for new lens:

- The dynamic duo: Olympus 45/1.8 + Samyang 7.5/3.5
- The monster: PanaLeica 25/1.4

Is the Leica so much better than the 20mm pancake, or I'll be happier with three happy lenses in my bag?

Alf,
Mate the PL25 is a little on the large size, but more like a Rembrandt model than a monster! ;) Actually I find it perfectly balanced on the GF1 - gives me just the right amount of lens to hold as I steady shots - I found the 20/1.7 like a horse without a neck.

I am completely smitten with this lens - it replaced both my 14-45 and 20mm. If I was forced to live life with just one lens this would be it without hesitation (sorry PL45 I love you, but it's a different sort of love :blush:)....and I think she'll be even sweeter on a GX1. Give me a few months and that will be my primary body...

P.S., please note that I love the PL25 on the GF1 but couldn't stand it on the EP3. :eek: Looked and felt great....but sounded awful - please search for previous posts - on mu43 esp. - regarding the rattlesnake. So I'd thoroughly recommend not keeping the EPL1 and using the PL25 - as similar to your option 3.

Don speaks truth about the camera.

Armanius also has a good point on the lens. The 45 is an affordable complement.

But I'm with Stillshunter. The PL25 is wonderful, and kept me in m43 when I was itching for something more. If you shoot wide open, it's the best experience on m43 at present.

Don speaks truth about the camera.

Armanius also has a good point on the lens. The 45 is an affordable complement.

But I'm with Stillshunter. The PL25 is wonderful, and kept me in m43 when I was itching for something more. If you shoot wide open, it's the best experience on m43 at present.
Testify brother! :clap2:

The 45 is glorious and the fisheye is a BLAST. To me the 25 is just too close to the 20. to justify having both and I've never felt like the 20mm didn't do exactly what I asked of it. But maybe if I had experience with the 25mm, my mindset might be different. I've seen some side by sides and to me they are nearly a horse a piece.

Of course all you good friends of Alf know that MRS. Alf is reading this right. Let's just suggest he gets an M9.... anybody second that....
It's what you need Alf....!

Hi everyone, I'm still here!
I'm using these busy days (new server setup at work, mapping changes to bring our apps to production on it) as a good reason to sit on my choices while the CES fallout ends.
As Don says, it's a toy so choosing is part of the game...

Back