Lightroom 5

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by bobbywise, Apr 15, 2013.

1. bartjeej

bartjeej FujiXspot Regular

Mar 31, 2013
    that advanced healing brush sounds like a major improvement, I hate working with those stupid circles. Radial gradient sounds pretty sweet too!

2. jloden

jloden FujiXspot Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Agreed, if it actually works I will be very happy about that!

The smart previews and "upright" straightening tool sound helpful too. I've been trying to figure out how to handle my growing LightRoom collection without having to fragment it, and it sounds like the Smart Previews may be a missing link to making it easier to work with photos without needing to keep them all on one huge disk.

3. bartjeej

bartjeej FujiXspot Regular

Mar 31, 2013
    DPReview has a preview, looks great. Won't be buying it though! LR4 is more than capable enough for me...

4. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    Lovely - I just upgraded to LR4 from LR3 a couple weeks ago.

5. Armanius

Armanius FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    BTW, a little off topic, is there a function in LR to figure how many pixels long and wide a photo is going to be after all the crops?

Thanks!

6. olli

olli FujiXspot Regular

Feb 5, 2013
    When using the crop tool hover over the image in the filmstrip and you'll get the pixel dimensions for wherever you have the crop at that point.

7. jazz1

jazz1 New to FujiXspot

May 25, 2013
    I got a free upgrade from 4 to 5. Just call them.

8. CaptZoom

CaptZoom FujiXspot Regular

Mar 22, 2013
    You don't need to keep all your files on one disk/HD. As long as you do not change the name of the HD(s) and you do all your file organization (moving, creating folders, etc) within LR, LR will know exactly where your files are located (the HD(s) do need to be powered).
    I organize my files by date (yearmonthday) followed by a brief description. For clients, I create separate catalogues.

9. jloden

jloden FujiXspot Top Veteran

Mar 9, 2013
    Hunterdon County, NJ
    Jay
    Yeah, I just meant I have a laptop I do all my work from, so it's not convenient to edit from an external drive. The Smart Previews would potentially allow me to do all my work from the laptop AND keep the originals on an external, which would be cool. I just upgraded to LR 5 today, so I guess I'll have to do some investigating on that front and see if I can come up with a workable solution :)

10. CaptZoom

CaptZoom FujiXspot Regular

Mar 22, 2013
    Let is know how it works out. And I do agree if it works as you think it should, that be be frakking awesome.