Greetings From Texas

Photorx12

Regular
Hello to all.

I am from Houston, Texas and have recently picked up photography within the past 3 years. I started out with a Nikon D 60 but was not satisfied with it so I sold it. I bought An Olympus E-PL1 to learn the basics beacause my goal is to save until I have enough to buy a Leica rangefinder. Unfortunately my Oly was stolen from me on a recent trip to Vegas. That misfortune turned out to be good fortune after all because after seeing me mope around my wife gave me the Fuji X100 as a gift to cheer me up. I love the camera but still want a micro system to add to my collection before I get my Leica. Hope to get to know you guys and look forward to sharing my pics.

Hello to all.

I am from Houston, Texas and have recently picked up photography within the past 3 years. I started out with a Nikon D 60 but was not satisfied with it so I sold it. I bought An Olympus E-PL1 to learn the basics beacause my goal is to save until I have enough to buy a Leica rangefinder. Unfortunately my Oly was stolen from me on a recent trip to Vegas. That misfortune turned out to be good fortune after all because after seeing me mope around my wife gave me the Fuji X100 as a gift to cheer me up. I love the camera but still want a micro system to add to my collection before I get my Leica. Hope to get to know you guys and look forward to sharing my pics.

Sorry to hear about the theft! The X100 is Gracious Gift.
A hearty welcome back to you from Dallas here :)

Hi, and welcome.

Sorry to hear about the theft. I had a camera stolen about 15 years ago, and it still pains me.

I don't have an X100, but some of the people here do, and they are divided into two groups: those who are kinda in love with them, and those who are obsessed.

Welcome to the forum!! I'm in Houston as well! You definitely have a wonderful wife! Looking forward to seeing your photos and contributions to this site!

G'day mate from Australia.

Great yarn with a great ending....and what a camera to whet your appetite for the m4/3 and Leica M. And you've found the perfect place for people to inspire you to have all three immediately and simultaneously :laugh1:

Welcome aboard and look forward to seeing some of your work.

Photorx12, thanks so much for making the time to introduce yourself! :D

Gee, your wife is a wonderful person - what a thoughtful thing for her to do! I am sorry about your Olympus being stolen, if you keep your eyes peeled I'm betting you could buy another for a very good price. In the mean time, I look forward to hearing and seeing more from you with that X100 of yours. I think I'm one of the obsessed that Pelao refers to.;)

Welcome from another Texan (rural Hill Country)! You've come to the right place because this is a very friendly, informative, and well-run site. (Now I have to tell my husband that nice spouses give X100s!)

Back