Live view exposure on X100S

Discussion in 'Fuji X100, X100S, and X100T' started by ice_man, Oct 24, 2013.

1. ice_man

ice_man FujiXspot Rookie

Oct 16, 2013
    Hi guys, I wanted to ask if there's a setting to make the changes appear in the lcd/evf/ovf while changing the shutter speed, aperture, or iso.

Canon calls this live view. I was wondering if there's something like that in olympus. Also, the EM5 has this feature as well...

Tapatalk.

2. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    I don't have my X100S anymore to check, but I believe it works like this in any of the automatic modes on the EVF/LCD, but not in manual mode (although you do get the preview when you half press the shutter in manual mode). There is no way to get an exposure preview in the OVF since its essentially just a window you're looking through. On second thought the automatic modes may require a half press of the shutter as well to get the preview - perhaps someone who has the camera can confirm or you can try it and let me know.

3. ice_man

ice_man FujiXspot Rookie

Oct 16, 2013
    This is exactly what I was referring to. Thank you, you explained it better. I just verified that it doesn't reflect the exposure preview in manual and auto modes not unless you half press on the shutter.

For the canon and olympus part, there is a setting to turn on and off. So I was wondering if there is the same settings in Fuji as well.

Anyone else care to try?

Tapatalk.

4. ean10775

ean10775 FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Cleveland, OH
    Eric
    I do know that on the X100S there is not a way to change the behavior of the EVF/LCD (other than the outdoor mode which just makes it brighter). That appears to be a feature on the X-E2 however.

5. ice_man

ice_man FujiXspot Rookie

Oct 16, 2013
    Saw this on fujirumors...

"The X-E2′s EVF/LCD screens offer a pretty accurate WYSIWYG display. They do so in all four PASM exposure modes—yes, even in manual exposure mode! This means that in manual mode (M), the live histogram is now fully functional and the camera’s live view shows a preview that very much resembles the brightness of the actual exposure. Most photographers will love this, but some studio and flash photographers won’t. That’s why there’s a menu option to switch the manual mode live view back to the traditional auto-gain display known from the X-E1." -- fujirumors.com

I hope we get this on a firmware update. This really makes life easier...

6. ice_man

ice_man FujiXspot Rookie

Oct 16, 2013
    I've looked through all the meus and settings and it simply can't be done on the X100S. I hope we can get this thru firmware, i just miss this feature...

Tapatalk.

7. Armanius

Armanius FujiXspot Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Texas
    Muttley
    Agreed!